Lure Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by scup, Aug 22, 2009.

1. scup

scup Guest

New to 360 tuna(1st post) and I've very much enjoyed learning from all you guys. I'm planning on fishing the Mudhole off of Block Island this September and I am looking for specific recommendations for butterfly type jigs, popping plugs, and swimmers(colors and more importantly sizes) that would work in that time frame and in that area. Looking forward to any and all suggestions. Thanks again for a great website with special fishermen willing to share their expertize.

2. gman

gman Senior Member

is this scup from NBS? if so its glenn

Jig Choices

Depending on your style of fishing you can use diamond jigs, in Shimano Flat Sides my favorite colors are pink and glow, Shimano Butterfly jigs the 270 pink is absolutely deadly along with anchovie and once again glow. Hots drifttunes in 220 size in blue, pink and green in addition to a nice selection from OTI. FC Labo SL jigs are great as well 230 silver

These would be my choices for Stickbait/Swimbaits and yoru core lures to throw at busting fish

You should have at least one Tattoo Tackle Sea Pup or Sea Dog, a Smith Baby Runboh in blue sinking, Tacklehouse Shibuki 185s in any color and a Diawa Dorado Slider in sinking Laser Anchovie.

These would be my selection for Poppers, although I generally dont use them up in the Cape

River2Sea dumbell popper any color, OTI Komodo or Wombat

You should be able to locate all these items at one of the dealers listed below

Network Solutions E-Commerce Web Site

True World Tackle

Angler's Pro Shop

Tattoo’s Tackle – Wood Saltwater Fishing Lures – Striped Bass, Tuna & More!

360Tackle

3. scup

scup Guest

is this scup from NBS? if so its glenn

Jig Choices

Depending on your style of fishing you can use diamond jigs, in Shimano Flat Sides my favorite colors are pink and glow, Shimano Butterfly jigs the 270 pink is absolutely deadly along with anchovie and once again glow. Hots drifttunes in 220 size in blue, pink and green in addition to a nice selection from OTI. FC Labo SL jigs are great as well 230 silver

These would be my choices for Stickbait/Swimbaits and yoru core lures to throw at busting fish

You should have at least one Tattoo Tackle Sea Pup or Sea Dog, a Smith Baby Runboh in blue sinking, Tacklehouse Shibuki 185s in any color and a Diawa Dorado Slider in sinking Laser Anchovie.

These would be my selection for Poppers, although I generally dont use them up in the Cape

River2Sea dumbell popper any color, OTI Komodo or Wombat

You should be able to locate all these items at one of the dealers listed below

Network Solutions E-Commerce Web Site

True World Tackle

Angler's Pro Shop

Tattoo’s Tackle – Wood Saltwater Fishing Lures – Striped Bass, Tuna & More!

360Tackle
    You are definitely THE MAN! No, I am not scup from NBS(wherever that is). I actually was born and have lived my entire life(so far) in Montauk, NY. Just started to get interested in tuna fishing. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to help us newbies. I am so happy for you that you have had the opportunity to travel around and have some wonderful fishing experiences. It's awesome that you are willing to share your extensive knowledge. Thanks for your help!

4. gman

gman Senior Member

You are definitely THE MAN! No, I am not scup from NBS(wherever that is). I actually was born and have lived my entire life(so far) in Montauk, NY. Just started to get interested in tuna fishing. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to help us newbies. I am so happy for you that you have had the opportunity to travel around and have some wonderful fishing experiences. It's awesome that you are willing to share your extensive knowledge. Thanks for your help!

Thank you, anytime. This is a great site where you can freely speak and share information. If you need anymore info PM me Im always available to talk about fishing LOL. NBS is another site there is a guy named scup there

Glenn

Doesnt get much better than Montauk striper fishing