360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make some homemade lure but dont know where to start, I am thinking about making swimbait and popper and want to use resin as the material. Where is the best place that I can get resin and also what do you use as the mold. I will be making my own shape out of clay and want to know what to use as the outer mold.

Thank you,
Topper. :D :D

·
1,541 Posts
Hey Topper,

Id use alumilite high strength 2 RTV with mold release.

if you want to seriously learn how to make resin/lead lures check out this guy larry dahlberg, he has a show on Versus called hunt for big fish and makes some really nice lures and has easy ways of doing it, you can buy his dvd and lure making mold products below

Larry Dahlberg's Hunt for Big Fish

·
95 Posts
Hey Topper,

Id use alumilite high strength 2 RTV with mold release.

if you want to seriously learn how to make resin/lead lures check out this guy larry dahlberg, he has a show on Versus called hunt for big fish and makes some really nice lures and has easy ways of doing it, you can buy his dvd and lure making mold products below

I'd second what PeterK said Larry Dahlberg has an awsome show on lure making He makes a casting jig for tarpon.... all kind of tips and tricks i still have this one tivoed!!!!

Cool stuff....
I am making some juniper and maple poppers will try and post some photos of that process....

·
870 Posts
Check out Larry's site, he has a lot of good info about working with resin.

I've duplicated serveral lures using resin, but was not real happy with the way they swim. If you going to make poppers make sure to add the micro baloons. I'll stick to using wood !!!!! Good luck !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts