Lucanus Shimano Jigs?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by BFTMASTER, Sep 3, 2009.

1. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Anyone ever used these alien looking jigs? Just wondering if they are worth their salt?

2. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Anyone ever used these alien looking jigs? Just wondering if they are worth their salt?

I've used them and they work really well. A bit boring using them tho as you have to move them slowly thru the water column. Just be sure to put on a new skirt for the jigs as small fish pick them off and I would recommend changing to a single larger jigging hook as the factory hooks are a bit of a joke. These jigs will catch bigger fish and the small hooks will open easily on bigger fish.

3. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

My only issue with them is that it's tough for me to not use metal jig for very long. I like to fish the whole water column and these rubber jigs require a Slow, Deliberate style....

I'd rather be able to yo-yo for a minute then speed jig, then drop back down then yo-yo, etc... So I just don't feel these are as versatile. But they will get hammered! Especially when the bite slows. So not bad to have a handful! :D

4. rhale

rhale Senior Member

A friend of mine brought some fishing when they first came out and I was making fun of him.... A little while later I was asking to use one.

I still prefer conventional type jigs but I dont hessitate to use these. I have found that they are very productive speed jigging as well... I know they are not intended to be used like that but it works.. We replace the hooks as others have already said with a single larger hook and your set.

This AJ was caught speed jigging with it.

Attached Files: