360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm looking for a dedicated stick bait rod for Panama tuna.
50-100 gm stick baits/ swimbaits are what I am looking to throw. Reel will be a 5500 exp. loaded with 60lb jb hollow.
Anybody have something that fits that sort of description they are looking to part with?
Thanks
Dan

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
i have a brand new never used jigging master assasin 8.3 that fits the bill perfectly. it was designed for swimbaits.
its super straight, guides are on spine and will work very well for your intended purpose
letting it go because i am getting more and more into kayak fishing and as i do a lot less tuna fishing

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd second the tide lez 78mh, I have the 711mh with 5500 exp and it's perfect for tuna to 100lb

For consistently bigger fish you'd want a Racepoint 200/250 or I have Ripple Fisher Big Tuna.

Watch the RP rods though as they are happier with heavier lures and you might need to cast 60-70g lures in.Panama but I'm not sure on this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a mint custom build El Maestro 7'10", perfect for what you are looking for. Let me know if you interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI guys,
Thanks very much for looking and offering...
I already picked up a couple of stick bait rods from PM's here- a synit Van diemen and a yamaga blacky and a carpenter big tuna so I think I am well covered for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts