360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I landed a 125# yf on 1 and some big aj's and small sharks. The only problem I have is after the yellow fin, the drag sometimes fades. It will be tight and then it will act like I backed it off . It will stay loose on max drag. The next time i use it it will be fine.Still a great reel for general fishing .

80 Posts
I have 2 of these reels and both have had the same bearing go out. I ordered bearing sets. 2busy installed them. The old bearing did not have grease in it. Greased all bearings, no more trouble. I really love the reels good price and good quality just check bearings for grease. They are roller bearings with rubber seal take out seal grease and put back. But really like they fit my budget well I have 3 avets. The only thing I am not sure about is rather its along A or A short A.

657 Posts
I just bought a NIB Avet JX 6/3 for $315 shipped (Ebay) and it seems like a nice reel. I wanted a 2 speed and this seems to be a good fit.

We are going back out on the Capt John the 14-15, so it will be tested well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.