Looking for MIami charter for August

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jiggawhat, Mar 4, 2009.

1. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Does any one know of any decent charters in miami?Ive got a wedding to go to and ive planned an extra day to go fishing.Ive got about five people that are going.Looking for some bottom fishing.Private or partyboat doesnt matter just looking to do some fishing for a decent price.Tackle more than likely has to be available.August 3rd is the planned day.Thanks Robert

2. gman

gman Senior Member

Does any one know of any decent charters in miami?Ive got a wedding to go to and ive planned an extra day to go fishing.Ive got about five people that are going.Looking for some bottom fishing.Private or partyboat doesnt matter just looking to do some fishing for a decent price.Tackle more than likely has to be available.August 3rd is the planned day.Thanks Robert

Dean Panos Double D charters. My favorite guy in Miami, I wish with him 4 times a year. Saild Swords jigging you name it. Highly recomended

Tell him Glenn Kross said hi

3. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

you got a contact number?

4. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Thanks Glenn looks good ill give them a ring.What about partyboat style charters down there any good?

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

swords are awesome, go get one of them :)

6. gman

gman Senior Member

We kill the swords with him and he is hands down the best sail captain down there. Love that guy, he is like family but be warned he is hardcore and doesnt like losing fish

7. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

WEll it sounds great but i got a few people that would probably be better on a party boat(not that experienced if you know what i mean)Let the crew deal with the tangles and rookie stuff that happens.

8. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

JiggaWhat, I live in Miami FL and I have not fish on the party boat in Miami for a long time. But when I did I used to go out on Reward 2 based out on South Beach. South Beach Miami Florida - Party Boat - Sportfishing - Wreck Fishing
    There is also another party boat based out of Haulover Marina. I have not use them so I do not know the quality of their service. Deep sea fishing in Miami Florida with the Kelley Fleet There is a local forum called Florida Sportsman. Yes, it is the same one who published the magazine. Join the forum and ask the local people which is the best produce party boat now in Miami. You will get a better result. InterMedia Outdoors Forums: Main Forum List As for private charters Bouncer Smith is one of the top captain in Miami. Bouncer's Dusky 33 - Miami, FL Fishing Charters He is known for Swordfishing, Sail, King Mackeral, and list keeps going. He is also does speed jigging too. But he is king in bait fishing. Another captain is great too is Captain Jim Barlett Fishing Charters In Miami Florida Beast Fishing Charters Both provide excellent customer service. Since you have 5 people Captain Jim might be a bit tight but ask anyways.

August is a great month for bottom fishing. Cubera Snapper at night is prime too. One thing to remember, August is our hurricane season so be prepare for afternoon thunderstorms. During the dead of summer and fall im usually fishing in the Dry Tortugas and the lower keys. If you have any questions please PM me. Good luck on your vacation.