360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me their experience with using this reel? Was thinking about getting into popper fishing.

·
2,924 Posts
The Stella reel is the single best spinning reel on the market, the only other competitors are the accurate twin spin and diawa saltigas and IMHO neither compare. Shimano has been making these reels for along time so there has been an evolution, they know gears very well obviously

If you want the best, thats it

G

·
Don't tell me that ......................................

haha well yours wouldnt be obsolete - just the older model :)

·
1,182 Posts
Does anyone have a source for information about the history of the Stella reels and how they evolved into the reels of today. I once saw a DVD on auction at Ebay but I could not get the seller to comment on whether the dvd is in english or Japanese. The seller resides in Japan.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
well if you want to get rid of it, just let me know and i'll give you my address!!!
:p
I thought I can buy it cheap quietely. :)

·
725 Posts
HI Guys
I have already stella 20000FA,I just bought GUSA 8 feet long monster Mag spinning rod.which will be better 8000 or 10000 stella for popping.My rod for 20000 is Calstar 700 H.I bought 2 other GUSA but they are conventional rods
Please advise me for 8000 or 10000 stella,thanks

·
651 Posts
You might wait for a while as new Stella replacing 10000 will be available soon.

when's the new reel coming out? What's going to be different?

·
1,201 Posts
when's the new reel coming out?

There's been rumors about the "new Stella" for nearly four years now. And in that four years, the "old Stella" has caught some pretty impressive fish. There most likely will be a new one, as to when, anyone who knows for certain isn't talking.

·
651 Posts
There's been rumors about the "new Stella" for nearly four years now. And in that four years, the "old Stella" has caught some pretty impressive fish. There most likely will be a new one, as to when, anyone who knows for certain isn't talking.

great answer! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts