Looking for a partner tomorrow

Discussion in 'Freshwater fishing reports' started by Pope, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I was going to head to the coast, but I had a change of heart. Anyone here interested in making a run down the Brazos in the morning? You will need a kayak. Plan is to duck hunt early (maybe an hour) and then kick smallmouth butt for the rest of the trip. It is an 8 miles run and I will take you down there. I have a rack for the yaks. Post up or call if you are interested. Generally I do very well and have caught many smallies to 4lbs and blacks over 8lbs. Lots of spots too. Super scenic!

P.S. I have tackle for anyone interested as well, just not another kayak.

2. Ross

Ross Member

Change of heart, eh? Call me when you can.

Good luck! There should be quite a few ducks around!

3. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Oh well, doing it alone. Should be a great day. Windy again so it will be a challenge and I like that. Expect great pics of greenheads and fat smallies. YEEHAW!

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

You had better take some pics......

5. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Post up and let us know how it went Brandon. Sounds like a cool trip! I love those smallies but have never tried a kayak. I think I might be a little tippy with my big a** in one. I just returned from my tour of Seadrift/POC/Matagorda. Really peaceful this time of year but I'm sure it's nuts in the summer. Sorry I forgot to call, got busy with Christmas stuff and forgot. Bert

6. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Man, what a day. I paddled 9 miles into 30mph winds, killed a few ducks, caught a few fish, watched a nice buck cross the river, saw ospreys swoop down to catch their own fish, listened to a spring bubble up from the limestone as I ate lunch, was serenaded by kingfishers, scolled by chickadees and never spoke more than two words. Priceless.

Sorry, no pics. Patty has the camera. I looked for it for 15 minutes the night before until I realized she had it. Biggest fish was 3lbs. The wind kept me from thoroughly fishing the areas I needed too.