Looking for a pair of cabo 80

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by toppuntawong, Nov 2, 2009.

1. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Just like stated anyone got a pair of cabo 80? NIB? If i can find 2 from 2 different seller than that will work too.

Thank you,
    Topper.

2. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Topper! Does that mean you're selling your Stellas for these Cabo's?? :D

3. toppuntawong

Topper! Does that mean you're selling your Stellas for these Cabo's?? :D

yeah you want to offer? All i got is an old 8000fa...hahaha :D :D

4. afraser

afraser Senior Member

Try online. I bought 2 from Baitnhook.net. $185 each, NIB. Of course, there is the drag upgrade too.

5. silver335

silver335 Senior Member

Is this a joke Topper? haha!!! if not one on ebay item number 110429487034 for 189.. like you need more tackle

6. toppuntawong

Try online. I bought 2 from Baitnhook.net. $185 each, NIB. Of course, there is the drag upgrade too.

thank you i will check it out!

7. toppuntawong

Is this a joke Topper? haha!!! if not one on ebay item number 110429487034 for 189.. like you need more tackle

hey mikey long time, yeah no its not a joke im tire of stella you know acting up on me so im getting cabo... :D :D btw nice logo where you get it man!!?? :D

8. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Senior Member

I have a Cabo 60 so tell me more about the drag upgrade.

9. toppuntawong

I have a Cabo 60 so tell me more about the drag upgrade.

i believe its carbontex and you can get it at smooth drag...

10. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

so smoooth drag has the carbontex upgrade huh? I never heard of stella, but cabo is such a great reel... :)

11. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

. Of course, there is the drag upgrade too.

I have a few of these reels, and there is no drag upgrade necessary. Both my -80's make 34#, nice & smooth, even after a couple runs.
    Drack pack already has CF drag discs(5-7), but you should probably re-grease them w/ Cal's
    If doing heavy jigging w/ this reel, you will need to get extra anti-reverse asm's, because they break from the shock-load. I called Quantum & got 4 of 'em for free! this is the weak point in this reel, not the drag, beleive me!

12. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

Top my cabo 60 has never had those antireverse problems and it holds just as much line as a stella 8000. just fyi. but as brian said be sure to re greese the drags and they are very good to go.

13. toppuntawong

Thank you brian and andrew!

14. Dave Nowlin

I just got through putting carbontex in my Cabo 60. The washers in it didn't look all that bad but I would rather have the carbontex. They're just a little thicker and have a slightly more aggressive surface. The carbontex only cost $16 so I believe it is a good idea. I greased them with Cal's.

15. Dave Nowlin

I'm thinking out loud here and have no proof my theory is correct. So here goes. The Cabo 80 has a larger diameter spool than the 60 so with a given amount of line off the spool jigging the lever arm on the 80 is greater. Huh? Well the distance from the point where the line is leaving the spool to the centerline of the shaft is greater than on the 60. Therefore when jigging you exert more pressure on the anti-reverse setup than you do on the 60. This could explain why people have trouble with the 80 but not the 60. I've got a parts breakdown on the 50 & 60 and both use the same anti-reverse cam, spring & lever. The parts breakdown on the 80 doesn't show these parts so I can't say. The mainshaft kit, the drag assembly and many other parts are common to both the 60 & 80.