Looking for a fisherman to fish Puerto Vallarta on Oct 20, 21 and 22

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by ksong, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

My friend who was going with me can not make the trip.
    I need one or two fishermen to fish on a 28 ft super panga with twin 90 HP engine for three days starting Oct 20. The boat is very fast and has 4 tuna tube, livewell, outriggers and a downrigger.
    As you know fishing in PV is in prime now.
    Instead of trolling, I plan to concentrate on jigging, popping, flat lining with live bait and kite fishing. Bottom fish like huge cubera snapper or pargo, and roosterfish with jigs/poppers/live bait are in my plan. I expect the whole expenses including airfare(from NY/NJ), charter boats for three days including tips, food and 4 night lodging are about $2000.
    Please send me a PM if interested.

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I am going with two other fishermen from NY/NJ area. We all purchased airline tickets. I thought my round trip for $438 was cheap, but they found the cheaper flight. The total cost including airfare is about $1500-1600 per person unless we go to fancy restaurants. It is cheaper than to go to Venice, LA for three day fishing. :)
    Capt said he would bring one of the best known local capt as a mate along with a regular mate on our trip. We are going to have first class service on the boat. I made sure that they don't fish. :)

One boat landed a 260 lbs yellowfin tuna on a jig on a high spot at the Rock which was intended for big pargo yesterday. It is a good news thay tuna bite on jigs daytime.
    Though the primary purpose of trip is to catch cow, there are plenty of blue marline, huge mahi mahi, pargo or rooster fish.
    I'll post report as soon as I come back.

3. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Good luck kil. Sounds like you worked out a nice deal~!

4. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Good luck kil. Sounds like you worked out a nice deal~!
    Thanks Pope. I definitely need a good luck on the trip as I have been unlucky on recent tuna trips. :) I had no bumps at all even I jigged nine hours non-stop on an overnight tuna trip yesterday though bait fishermen had constant pick throughout the night. :(

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm very interested to see how the super panga works out for you. Good luck. I'm still trying to find some free time to head back to PV. Hope to get away before the season ends. Please ask the locals when the tuna bite normally ends. Thanks.

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I'm very interested to see how the super panga works out for you. Good luck. I'm still trying to find some free time to head back to PV. Hope to get away before the season ends. Please ask the locals when the tuna bite normally ends. Thanks.
    The tuna season in PV is hard to predict. Cow fishing is normally good when it is hot in July/Aug/Sep. But they had late start last year and good bites continued until the end of Nov. And this year has the similar pattern to last year's. They caught cow until Feb a few years ago. I think good bites should continue until late Nov. this year. If the good bites continue into late Nov, I have to seriously consider to go back to PV again in Nov instead of the scheduled GT fishing in Fiji or Oman. :)

Here is a picture of the catches the other day on the super panga on which I am going to fish.
    [​IMG]

tuna surface action and Capt Josh's catch yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]