looking for a 30 to 48 hr trip

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by lucas_shane, Feb 17, 2009.

1. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

looking for a 30 to 48 hr trip out of venice. prefer party boat style fishing to keep the cost down seeing how my group will only be like 2 to 4 people.

any help would be great !!

thanks guys!!
    luke

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

let me know, maybe ill joing you ;)

3. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

that would be great bret. maybe i can get some of the local capt to help me out with getting some info. i hear tomneys is the way to go but he is private only. boat holds like 15 ppl....price would be steep for 2 to 6 ppl

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah it would. i htink brian (kidflex) has a trip over memorial weekend

5. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

don't think there is any party type boats out of venice. i've checked many times but have not been able to find any..keep us posted on what you find

6. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

no party boats but im sure some of the larger private boats might do an extended trip. you can try paradise-outfitters. most will do 24 hr trips, but money talks. btw the average overnighter in venice is 2000 plus 300-500 in fuel surcharge. a 36 or 48 hr will be expensive for 4 people.

7. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I have one of those trips in early march. Going with Strike Zone, $583 pp with a party of six. Btw this is for a 55 sportfish, not a center console.

8. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

you know 5 to 600 pp isnt bad. from what i can tell from reading on here that the boat ride from venice to the fishing grounds is like 3 or 4 hours. some body PLEASE correct me if i am wrong. so if we coud find a 30hr trip give or take a few hours the fishing time would awesome. exp on a 30 lets say a 10hr ride ( 5 hr each way ) then dang that would leave 20hrs of actual fishing.
    im am not a tuna fisher ( yet ) but the more i read the more my blood begins to boil with excitement!! lol

we are wanting to catch BIG ajs and BIG yft and an ARSE load of bft and groupers. am i looking in the right place or am i just wasteing time?

9. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

how many of you guys would be willing to jump on a boat with a couple "TUNA ROOKIES" and go fishing. that is if and when i can find a boat with suitable dates?

10. workin

workin Member

how many of you guys would be willing to jump on a boat with a couple "TUNA ROOKIES" and go fishing. that is if and when i can find a boat with suitable dates?

Hey,

I'm always up for a Venice trip if the schedule works. Keep me in mind. Somebody mentioned Mike Ellis - I'll fish with him.

For jacks, grouper, and blackfin you don't usually have to run so far. The yellowfin deal usually is a longer run.

F

11. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

i just emailed mike to see if he can do this type of trip and if not who would he recomend

12. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Lucas shane- I will always make time to fish! Texas or LA don't matter! PM me if you need an extra body to fill a trip...PLAY TIME!!!!!!

13. jig

jig Senior Member

Steve Tomeny is on my list. I had this guy bookmarked for a similar trip if I ever had time to put it together. Seems he was highly recommended.

14. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

if some one will throw out Tomenys phone # or email ill hit him up again and see what it would cost for a trip like this and maybe all of us can go in togather on it!!

15. jig

jig Senior Member

16. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

17. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

In good conditions it is about a 2 and a half hour run to the deepwater floaters for overnight tuna fishing. Generally I leave around 2 in the afternoon and we fish until the fishbox is full of yellowfin and blackfin.

Eddie
    World-class Venice Louisiana offshore fishing charters specializing in Yellowfin Tuna and Swordfish!

thanks capt eddie. how big is your fish box..lol
    first of all roughly how many hours of fishing are you talking about?
    second how many people can we put on your boat?
    third (once again) how big is your fish box.....you said we generally head in when the box is full so we are talking 4 or 6 big yft or what?

thank you sir
    luke

18. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Every time i jump on a boat its with a couple of Tuna Rookies:eek: :eek: :eek:

d-a

19. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

My fishboxes are pretty big. here are some examples of the amount of fish I can put in my big box. Keep in mind I had all these in one box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can fish up to 6 people and the trips are generally about 18 hours long. We leave in the early afternoon and return the next morning.

I can do a 30 hr trip if necesary its just not generally needed to fill up with fish.

20. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

Hey Lucas,

Our groups catch was pic #5 and was a 5 man limit (15) of Yellowfin Tuna and they all fit in the fishboxes on Capt Eddie's boat. If you fill his fish boxes, your arms will be shot and you will have had enough. Capt Eddie is a great Capt, works hard and will put you on the fish. Good luck with whomever you choose.

Joe
    Margarita Mojo

Here is a pic of one of mine from that trip with Capt Eddie. Note- Date is Wrong, was 2007 I think

[​IMG]

Note the gaff shot my Capt Eddie on this one. He doesn't like to waste meat.

[​IMG]

Another Shot

[​IMG]