Looking for 2-3 to fill a mid-may overnighter out of freeport!

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by bigscrnman, Apr 18, 2009.

1. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I am looking to fill a trip on may 18th/19th out of Freeport. The boat is a 54' Bertram (the Mattie Duke ) This is a private charter going after tuna/swords. We will play the game by ear depending upon the conditions and the bite, expect to leave/return in the early to mid afternoon being at the floaters in time for the evening bite! Trip cost is $2500 plus fuel. I spoke to one of the crew and was told to expect to burn between 500-900 gallons on the trip and their current pricing for fuel is around $1.60/gal. Please PM me for further details.

Dewayne

2. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

dewayne,

if you havent already paid your money and you can get six guys then this boat will be a lil cheaper over all

54 hrs =

4200 for boat
    2000 for fuel ( FIGURE AT TOP FUEL CONSUMPTION )
    =
    6200 total

1033 per person and its 54 hrs not just an over niter.

just a suggestion. it is also a 54' bert

3. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Only problem with this is that time is an issue for some in my party. I Have looked at several boats and crews. Always worth it to me to fish with a crew that I know.... guess it is just a comfort thing knowing what to expect.

4. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

bigscrman - I was unable to locate the boat on Google - do you have a web site or POC number? Thx!

5. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Working on, I have been tied up in the disaster that was the MS-150 for the last several days. Should have more info by tonight.
    WOW- I just became a "senior member" I spend way too much time here!!!!

For now, best POC is Dwayne Pesek- his # is 979-793-4818....He crews this boat as well as runs his own out of matagorda. Have known this guy for more years than I am willing to admit to, he is a fanatic about his fishing, very intense on the water....

6. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Just talked to Dwayne about this boat, it's an '89 Bert 54'. Repowered in 06 with new cats, I am going to try to sneak down to FP this week and get some pics of the boat. They have been tournament fishing with this boat for several years and this is the first year to go open charter with her. I will post up pics and further info on the Capt as i get.

Dewayne