360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,753 Posts
This is my rule for unknown jig brands. What I would do is take the jig and try to bend thaw sucker first
If it bends It goes in my donotbuy list no matter how nice it looks or what name is on the label. There are so many fugazzi brands out there and even retailers should know to do this with their samples before placing their orders. Anything less would be uncivilized and you'd end up with a waste of lead hanging from the shelves.

They look nice.

·
Site Sponsor
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good so if it passes the test what do you think they are worth. they the small ones are only 80g. the next one are in 250, the one after that are 250g & 300g, the last one are in 250g. I bought a couple in each size. It seems like a got a good deal. what would yall consider a good deal?

·
Site Sponsor
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good so if it passes the test what do you think they are worth. the the small ones are only 80g. the next one are in 250, the one after that are 250g & 300g, the last one are in 250g. I bought a couple in each size. It seems like a got a good deal. what would yall consider a good deal?

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
I bought a couple in each size. It seems like a got a good deal. what would yall consider a good deal?

$4-8/Ea (depending solely on weight) is the going rate for these "generic" jigs...

·
5,457 Posts
If you could get the 80g jig's Shape in a 180g-200g jig...I would have bought'em :)

They make them in 150g......killer on snappers I heard:rolleyes:

d-a

·
5,457 Posts
This is my rule for unknown jig brands. What I would do is take the jig and try to bend thaw sucker first
If it bends It goes in my donotbuy list no matter how nice it looks or what name is on the label. There are so many fugazzi brands out there and even retailers should know to do this with their samples before placing their orders. Anything less would be uncivilized and you'd end up with a waste of lead hanging from the shelves.

They look nice.

Enoch, they will all bend at some point in time Even Nagamassa's and drift tunes....Cheaper ones may bend easier.

d-a

·
Site Sponsor
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aren't most jigs "generic" it's just depens on what company slaps their name on it. I don't think a piece of lead with a good stiker or paint job like some of shimano is worth $24+ there's what .50 cents to a dollar of stuff to make it. and it's mass produced out of china.

Here is the color options for the top jigs

Attachments

·
652 Posts
aren't most jigs "generic" it's just depens on what company slaps there name on it. I don't think a piece of lead with a good stiker or paint job like some of shimano is worth $24+ there's what .50 cents to a dollar of stuff to make it. and it's mass produced out of china

I agree, for 4 dollars, even if they bend easier, you can go through a handful of those jigs for the price of 1 shimano. Also when you lose one you won't want to cry either.

The fish don't care how expensive your tackle is. :)

·
2,924 Posts
I dont use the bending theory. A lot of higher dollar brand names jigs will bend. Try bending a Smith Nagamassa ... they are killer jigs that hold up but they bend easily. So do a couple of others.

It really depends on the shape

G

·
yes it depends on shape and length (glenn dont read too much into that statement lol :p). but if you were to take a cheapo jig and a quality jig at the same size and weight, the cheapo jig would bend easier. jigs arent 100% lead, there are other materials in them to make them harder.

but i am in agreement with spending tackle money wisely. like any other product, you have to determine whether the brand name means a better product, or just a brand name.

·
5,457 Posts
Why the frown Doug? Have they been played out already? haha

Yea we have been using them for a year already. Guess its time to let go of our secrets..:D

d-a

·
310 Posts
brand name means shit, i fished with a pink jig this year in cape cod, the company is called jerkthatjg, cheep knock offs of shimano and other jigs, i fished with kil and enoch they used enspensive jigs they each had 1 fish i had 3, so the cheap jig therory means shit, as long as it has good action i will fish it if its worth 2 dollars or 40.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts