Live from Panama- International Jigging and Popping festival

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by gman, Jan 8, 2009.

1. gman

gman Senior Member

Reports coming tonight but the bite turned on for Roosters, Cuberas, Trevallys and .... of course yellowfin tuna on poppers here is a taste until tonight Live from Panama

All hardcore jigging and popping several yellowfin to 175 caught yesterday..

The god shots tonight after I get back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

standin by for full report :D its been blowin 40kts and rainin here in nc, a panama report w/ fish would be nice to read lol

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

thats what im talkin about glenn! monster fish congrats

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Dang Glenn, Thats looks like mucho fun.. Those are some nice popper tuna.. looking forward to the full report and pics

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Looks awesome and fun!!! Congratulations!

6. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Great pics - looking forward to the "god shots"!

7. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Nice Fish, I like the rooster fish pic, looks like a magazine cover. Where in Panama are you and who's the captain? Sign me up!

8. kraken33

kraken33 Senior Member

headed down there in March, keep the reports comming! awesome pics!!!

9. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Fishing is a funny sport. First two days you have great weather and the fishing is slow. Starts raining and fish turn on. The old saying "The person who keeps his line in the water the most will catch the most fish" is a true statement.

Those roosters are an interesting fish. They are always swimming and cruising. Just keep searching and you will finally find them. They always seem to travel with an assortment of jacks and bluefin trevally. I can see why people travel and live for catching them. They are excellent fighters and will sometimes go aerial to spit the hook. Unfortunately, I've got rooster fever real bad right now. Too bad they don't roam the GOM.

Good luck on the remaining days of your trip.

11. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

check out more pics at deepjigging. grea report

12. gman

gman Senior Member

here is a huge one caught yesterday on a popper. Took it 3 feet from the boat as soon as it hit the water. Dont know an exact weight but it was upwards in the 140 range. It was w-i-d-e and thick. Stella kicked his ass on my 8'8" OR rod 12 minutes and in the boat

Mr Bill I swear Ive lost 10 pounds Ive casted so much, no stopping have to go celbrate my birthday today with the group more later

[​IMG]

13. rtran

rtran Senior Member

the OR 8'8 will soon be a hit!

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

we knew yft popping going on in Montosssa, but blue marlin fishing was hot in Harnival bank, we sticked for trolling live shipjack for marlin. We lost a few and landed one 350 lbs blue marlin. There were about 12 boat on Harnival Bank and it seems every boat landed at least one blue or black marlin. Capt Macho from the same lodge had 3 marlin out of six hit yesterday.
    I experienced good marlin fishing in Puero Vallarta, but it was incredible marlin fishing I've ever experienced.

15. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Ksong,

Where are you staying in Panama?
    Marlin fishing isn't for everyone. I love it. Complete boredom can turn into the most frantic crazy fish pulling you out of boat experience of your life. Good luck.

16. semipro

semipro Senior Member

That is the way to celebrate birthday.Happy Birthday.
    Fathom where is your pictures?Good luck everybody.

17. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Dang those tuna look chubby. Congrats and post up more pics if you got them.