Line question for you math guys

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by stresst, Jul 19, 2009.

1. stresst

stresst Senior Member

What is the actual differance between line that is .013 and .014? Im looking to put new line on my plutton, I wanted 30lb but the smallest they have is 40lb, after looking at the diameter the the differance betweem 40 and 50 is .001 what does that translate to?? (They say it holds 300yds of 30lb braid)

Any input would be apreciated

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

not enough to make a difference, especially on a spool that only holds a little line. that reel will should do great with 40 or 50lb braid.

3. stresst

stresst Senior Member

Thats what I figured but when I spooled it for the first time I was only able to fit 200yds of daiwa surf braid, they claim they fit 300yds of 30lb samuri???? The new suffix I want to put on comes in 40lb the lightest amd is .013, the 50lb is .014, dont wanna put 50lb on if im ony gonna get 125-150yds, see my drift/dilema??

Or am I "thinking" too much?? LOL

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

all companies vary in their line diameters. suffix is thicker than alot of braids out there. tuff line xp and spider wire stealth in 40 are super thin and good lines in that rating. daiwa also over states the line capacity on their reels