line for stella 10k?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by LEXPRO, May 3, 2008.

1. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Ok I broke down and ordered a 10kFA, and it should get here by wed... In order to have the most flexibility what line should i stick on it? I already have 2 spools from my 20kPG with 65 JB on the 16k spool and 80 PP on the 20k spool.

Also what would be a great rod to go with it... I have a 6.5ft sea magic pelagic magic, a 7ft OTI, and a 8ft Gusa monster mag already... I dont know the japanese rods very well and i was also considering one of the 7.5 OTI...

2. Sportfisherman

Sportfisherman Senior Member

If you are serious about Japanese rod , get the best in performance , a Carpenter SP78H SHP , would be ideal for that STL10000FA .

Jon .

3. gman

gman Senior Member

whats up Jon its glenn from Vertical Jigging

Lexpro there will be no shortage of suggestions, the OTI is nice or some of APS imported rods such as the carpenter mentioned, the Zenaq Tuna 83-4, The Spike Tuna it all depends on the budget. I personally use a Zenaq 83-5, 76-4 and a Carpeneter DJ83MH all are great casting rods

4. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

If u were to cast them all would they all cast about the same distance or does certain rod just really get it out there? If so is the difference big or barely noticible? Also on the spool would u put 65 braid again, or have a spool with mono,or 50 or 100 braid?

5. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

If u were to cast them all would they all cast about the same distance or does certain rod just really get it out there?

I don't see any mention of what weight lures you intend to primarily use. That makes a big difference in which rod you would ideally want.

6. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

5-10 oz I would like to be able to use the rod for big game in north and central america