360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some light tackle setups for fishing the NorthEast this summer. I would mostly be Trolling and Chunking for Bluefin and Yellowfin out of a center console. I will possible try jigging also. What Rod/reel setup do you think would be best. I was looking at the new Accurate Extreme Bx2-30 and Bx2-600 and also Tiagra 16 or 20s.

Anyone have a similar setup they like?

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
the superseeker blanks and the tiagra 16 and 20 have been great setups for this area.
the accurates seem to be nice,
the saltigas are a good choice also.

·
74 Posts
Of those reels, I would only want to jig with the BX2-600...the others are too heavy. I just ordered one myself (I have a B2-870N and love it but wanted more line capacity). It should also be good for chunking. Accurate drags are very smooth, and the 2-speed feature is nice. I don't have any experience trolling - if you could troll with braid it might be OK, but isn't mono preferred for trolling? If so, you might need a larger reel for the extra capacity...keep one with braid for jigging, and another for trolling.

·
717 Posts
I agree for trolling you want mono. You can use braid as filler for more capactiy but your gonna need 150yds of 60,80lb mono IMO. Buy a BX600 for chunking and a B2-50 for trolling

1 - 4 of 4 Posts