360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 miles off the coast...700ft drop.

Time to take out the heavy metal

And the glow boyz

weather permitting...going out on the the 1st of the year. Hope to start off 2010 with something weird :)

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm hoping to get out on BIGSWORDY's boat. And I'm hoping Topper can join ;)

Let's see what's hungry down in the depths!

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jigging a pound or more of lead at 700 ft? You're a lot of man! :)

We use the same 400g Nagamasas to jig for Snowy's off Wilmington 800ft deep!

Ask John Flores ;) I hope jigging that deep with a lb jig will be worth the effort!

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What species are you targeting? Has anyone got a broadbill on a jig?
Kilsong has I believe in NZ. But aren't swords at like 2000ft off FL?

We aren't targeting any species specifically...just seeing what's down there... but the cast of bottom dwellers include Snowy Grouper, Yellow Edge Grouper, Warsaw Grouper, Queen Snapper, Vermilion Snapper, Silk or Yelloweye snapper, Blue Line Tile Fish, Golden Tile Fish, Rose Fish, Hake, Sharks!!! :)

·
44 Posts
Good luck brian...I went out with richard on tuesday and dropped some to 600 ft...it's painful after a couple of drops. Managed to nail a couple of aj's, almacos, nasty black jacks, got some serious bites, and some cut-off by some wahoos...it was a slow day but it's great to feel the jigging muscles sore!

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck brian...I went out with richard on tuesday and dropped some to 600 ft...it's painful after a couple of drops. Managed to nail a couple of aj's, almacos, nasty black jacks, got some serious bites, and some cut-off by some wahoos...it was a slow day but it's great to feel the jigging muscles sore!

I'm DYING to feel the jigging pain in my rib cage again Ced :p

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Deep dropping with electric reels is getting real popular here. Hope to see some weird and wonderful ooglies in your report. Working those depths on jig is hard work and any captures will be well deserved

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deep dropping with electric reels is getting real popular here. Hope to see some weird and wonderful ooglies in your report. Working those depths on jig is hard work and any captures will be well deserved

thanks mate

·
44 Posts
I'm DYING to feel the jigging pain in my rib cage again Ced :p

Let's get organized and try to do some damage in the caribbean this year...richard and I are thinking about going out with sammy sosa to try to hit the south of vieques some time soon...wanna come? :D :D :D

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let's get organized and try to do some damage in the caribbean this year...richard and I are thinking about going out with sammy sosa to try to hit the south of vieques some time soon...wanna come? :D :D :D

HAHAHA Danny Sosa :p I'm down you know that!!! You tell me the dates tho. And make it on a weekend pleeeeeeeeeeease.

·
44 Posts
HAHAHA Danny Sosa :p I'm down you know that!!! You tell me the dates tho. And make it on a weekend pleeeeeeeeeeease.

yeah, danny oops. crap dude, I can get you an excellent and genuine medical excuse that would require some major surgery in PR for a week with lots of rest and relaxation ;) so that we can go out during the week...keep you posted; have a good one on the water tomorrow:) :) !!

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what the hell, Puerto Rico, not page ranking??? what's up with that???
HAHAHA yea, P.R. immediately turns into Page Ranking on 360tuna :p

·
49 Posts
what is the preferred method of jigging when dropping that deep? Are you bouncing it on the bottom or speed jigging up the water column some then dropping it back?

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is the preferred method of jigging when dropping that deep? Are you bouncing it on the bottom or speed jigging up the water column some then dropping it back?
Only one way to find out which way works best ;) I'll get back to ya after I get home tomorrow :p

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
OK...so are you going or what? I am dying to go Brian...

Cedric and Brian thanks for my invite to the Caribbean this year...LOL!! :D

·
1,448 Posts
i bounce the bottom for grouper. i really dont want to catch an aj at 500+ feet!
you can catch many interesting things other than grouper.
longtail seabass at 600ft.

and spiny cheek scoripionfish? at 400 plus feet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts