Left Hand Spinning Reels

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Hot_Rod, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Hot_Rod

Hot_Rod Guest

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a mid-range $200 to $400 salt water spinning reel for my wife. The reel will be used on our Baja fishing trips to the East Cape area on the Sea of Cortez. The fishing will be for Yellowfin Tuna to 60#, Dorado (a.k.a. Dolphin Fish and Mahi Mahi) to 50#, and perhaps Wahoo. There are many good reels out there but my wife prefers a left hand model.

Do you folks have any recommendations?

We just returned from our annual Sea of Cortez trip and the wife used my conventional reels (she did catch the largest fish in our group) but she just does not like having to control the line with her thumb and crank with her right hand. Left handed conventional reels are out since she still needs to control the line with her thumb.

Thanks,

Fred

2. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

You can swap the handle on all spinning reel.

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

except some vanstalls. I would go with a shimano sustain 8000fi filled with pe5 daiwa boat braid.

4. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Saragosa with the 50# braided line of your choice.

5. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Saragosa with the 50# braided line of your choice (with the possible exception of JB, it's great on conventional reels, I don't care for it on spinners).

6. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

What size mark? i really dont like the saragosa/ spheros in the 8000 size. i really like the stradic/sustain 8000's however . mine have held up very well.