LA tackle shops

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by kingsrule, Jun 27, 2009.

1. kingsrule

kingsrule Junior member

hey guys, I will be in LA soon , and am looking at going to a few tackle shops, i will be staying in santa monica , are there any decent shops around this area?

Pretty much all of the shops that i have been able to google up seem to be fairly oldschool , are there any good places for jigging/popping tackle:confused:

Is there anything like basspro around the area?

Thanks,Rob.

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Melton International tackle is Anaheim, not too far from Santa Monica.
    Very nice tackle store and plenty of tackle selections, from Marllin takle to jigging and popping and more.

3. bkenny

bkenny Guest

hey guys, I will be in LA soon , and am looking at going to a few tackle shops, i will be staying in santa monica , are there any decent shops around this area?

Pretty much all of the shops that i have been able to google up seem to be fairly oldschool , are there any good places for jigging/popping tackle:confused:

Is there anything like basspro around the area?

Thanks,Rob.

Rob - try Bob's Sporting Goods in WLA on Sawtelle Blvd, just north of Olympic Blvd. Privately owned/operated shop, but Mike and the gang know their fishing. Worth a stop since their are close to SM. Good luck.

2003 Sawtelle Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
    (310) 478-2638
    Owner - Mike Naoe

4. deadsea

deadsea Member

1. Purfield's Pro Tackle
    12421 Washington Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    Tel: (310) 397-6171
    Fax: (310) 397-8251

2. Bob Sands Fishing Tackle
    (818) 994-1822
    6743 Sepulveda Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91411

5. red34

red34 Guest

Bass Pro - Rancho Cocumonga (sp??)

Bob Sands Tackle

The Longfin

Some of the Turner's Outdoors are cool

Charkbait

Mahi Tackle

Most are smaller shops but have some cool stuff in them. Charkbait, Longfin, and Melton are definately my favorites. Tons of Kayak stuff in So Cal too if you're into that stuff.