360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys;

I m looking for a knot which permit to join shockleader to assit line.
The interst is to keep yours favorites (expensives) lures more than a couple of trips.

Oh, i 'm talking about popping.

thanks for all

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i do FG knot to connect braid to shockleader. But that I want to do is, add a short piece of assistline after shockleader , I mean the assist line will be between shockleader and the split ring. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks i do FG knot to connect braid to shockleader. But that I want to do is, add a short piece of assistline after shockleader , I mean the assist line will be between shockleader and the split ring. Thanks
*solid ring or swivel... sorry

·
2,092 Posts
I've used twisty leaders with a bite leader attached but I have never seen anything like in your pic. What was the source of the pic?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've used twisty leaders with a bite leader attached but I have never seen anything like in your pic. What was the source of the pic?
I've take this picture from guys from Hawai. GT FIGHT CLUB on facebook.
i ve asked them some informations but they ve don't replied.

·
2,092 Posts
I tried to enlarge it and one possibility is that the end piece you are talking about is chaff gear (HC braid) slipped over the bitter end of the leader. The original method of tying the AG Chain knot utilized HC braid over the monofilament/fluorocarbon leader where the leader wrapped around the swivel eye. The terminal knot could be a double overhand knot with a knot in the bitter end to prevent slipping through.

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,771 Posts
Figure 8 knot. You insert your mono leader into the assist line that secure it with a figure 8 knot, the assist line doesnt have to be long, I say a good 10-12 inches. The pioneer of this method is still used today is Fukui-san from the Big Dipper, he was probably one of the first to employ this and safe to say it is pretty good since he have probably caught more monster GT than anyone else on the planet. The last one being 60kg+ on a PE6. The guys at GT Fight Club from Hawaii is good friend with Fukui so I think thats where they got it from, as for me I have fish on the Big Dipper a couple of times and Fukui-san himself taught me the knot.

There are two advantages.
1. the lure (mostly swimbait) swim so much better
2. pervents cut off.

check out the video starting from 2.30 mins. (sorry its in Thai)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot. Now I ve no doubt that I ve to test this. If Fukui use this, for sure there is good reasons. I watch every video from bigdeeper. Fukui is a model for every serious GT fishermen 😉

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,771 Posts
Thanks a lot. Now I ve no doubt that I ve to test this. If Fukui use this, for sure there is good reasons. I watch every video from bigdeeper. Fukui is a model for every serious GT fishermen 😉
He is one of the best if not the best. For GT fishing, the bite leader is great since GT dont care too much about leader, for Tuna fishing, I would loose the kevlar/assist line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts