360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in for my CWP so it’s time to start looking. I’m leaning towards the Kimber Micro 9 or the Sig P365. Having a Kimber rifle and a Colt Sauer rifle I know I cannot go wrong with either one. Just not sure if I should go for the extra capacity of the Sig? Any one have either of these? If so your thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Benny

·
5,263 Posts
I like Sig, also P938 is an option. P365 is great though. Sometimes I carry a S&W Shield, cheaper but also a good choice. I’ve never held the limber but heard good things.

·
74 Posts
both are great choices Benny, it comes down to what features you like, exposed hammer, or strike fired? how do both feel in your hand, magazine capacity..etc.. lot of choices in out there. let us know what you decide. .

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I handled both the P365 and P938 and liked the feel of the P365 better. Also like the extra capacity with the 365 over the Kimber. But I really want to get a feel for it before I rule it out.

Benny

·
5,263 Posts
Depends on how you carry, I didn’t love the smaller guns feel in my hand but I carry concealed and do not want any imprint showing. I decided I could shoot the smaller guns fine if I had to, and that’s the reason for carrying after all. So I chose to carry something smaller, but still good and reliable. I have other guns I can shoot for fun if I want. I carry IWB appendix, smaller is also more comfortable for me here. Sometimes I even throw a small Ruger 380 in my front pocket. Very easy and not noticeable.

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thinking of pocket carry so smaller is better for too. They have a wallet holster that you shoot without taking the gun out of the holster. Looks odd and has an middle finger hole in wallet to hold. Leaning towards the p365 SAS.

Benny

·
3,216 Posts
Sig 938 is a bad mofo... got almost 1000 rounds through it its my daily carry. Capacity is not the huge of a deal breaker... if you need more than 7 rounds your in trouble lol... also ammo is a big factor. Look at federal 124g hst ballistics its whats in mine at the moment

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Four shops so far and nothing in stock. Have two more to try, then it’s online ordering. Disappointing!!!!

Benny

·
5,263 Posts
Ouch, yeah guns and ammo are hard to come by now. Especially ammo.

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Limit with ammo, 2 boxes of 20 rounds. That’s about all you can afford anyway. Lol A box of 20 $49.

Benny

·
5,263 Posts
Yeah that’s crazy, I’m surprised the manufacturers allow that. Well, they probably don’t. Glad you were able to get everything though!!!

Reactions: a1flyfishr

·
980 Posts
I am really interested to see Benny'$ pistol collection after a year. After seeing your spj arsenal, I'm sure this one will not disappoint lol.

Damn 49$ for a 20 rounds? That bullet must be handmade from Japan

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am really interested to see Benny'$ pistol collection after a year. After seeing your spj arsenal, I'm sure this one will not disappoint lol.

Damn 49$ for a 20 rounds? That bullet must be handmade from Japan
Haha not my first gun just my first for Concealed carry. Was never able to carry in NY but now in SC I am able.

Benny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts