Kids trip 8/6/09

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by bigscrnman, Aug 7, 2009.

1. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I have not posted any pics in a while, here are a few from the trip my buddy and I took our boys on out of freeport yesterday. The kids(with little assistance from us) managed a boat load of kings(given away) reallllly nice snaps, and AJ. The boys accounted for 95% of the fish you see in the dock shot! Mark and I spent most of the day playing with my jigging sticks (managed one decent aj, several HUGE kings, and a snap on jigs)! A big thanks to cowboy charters for making this trip happen, the kids had a blast!
    [​IMG]
    Boatside cobia!
    [​IMG]
    Josh's Snappa!
    [​IMG]
    Will's snappa!
    [​IMG]
    Strategy session!
    [​IMG]
    Josh's first King!
    [​IMG]
    Matt's first AJ!!
    [​IMG]
    Will's AJ! Note the relative sizes here, this kid is only 7yrs old!
    [​IMG]
    GITTER DONE BOYS!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm208/bigscrnman/PICT0130.jpg
    This would have been the largest AJ of the day by far if it had not been for the 8ft shark that followed it to the boat!!! Will wanted to catch the shark so he could PULL ALL IT'S TEETH FOR EATING HIS FISH!!!!!
    http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm208/bigscrnman/PICT0154-1.jpg

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

At least one of those kids will be hooked for life.

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Awesome.. I bet those boys wont wipe that smile off of their faces for a week..

4. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

At least one of those kids will be hooked for life.
    You are dead on there Pope! Will (little one, blue hat) is a fanatic about his fishing. Says he wants to have his own fishing show when he grows up!

5. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

My 7 year old daughter enjoyed your post

6. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

My 7 year old daughter enjoyed your post
    Wait till she figures out that offshore is where the boys are! You are lucky, I remember when my daughter (now 18) still thought that I was the center of the world! Now I pretty much don't exist 'cept as an ATM!!! I hope your girl get the fishing bug, I love to fish with my kids and usually end up having more fun getting them hooked up and running the camera than I would have with a rod in hand!

7. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

Really awesome Dewayne ! my daughter loves to fish as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Farm pond, Cat fish farm, Bay or Gulf thats the right thing to do.

Good JOB Dad.

PS. I like the back ground shot of the large Hard Tail being prepped
    to go do his job also........

Kev

9. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Kev- that hardtail ended up being the head that you see in the dock shot. really nice AJ that the boys had tag teamed all the way to the boat when a very large shark showed up and took the entire fish right behind the boat.

10. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

dewayne- dont know how i missed this thread. great catches for the boys! bet those aj's were kickin their arses!

11. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Man- the little guy in the blue hat is a bad arse fisherman! He wanted to catch the shark that ate the one Aj just so he could pull it's teeth one at a time for stealing "his fish"!

12. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

Man- the little guy in the blue hat is a bad arse fisherman! He wanted to catch the shark that ate the one Aj just so he could pull it's teeth one at a time for stealing "his fish"!

your teaching that boy right. i bet when he gets older those shark attacks on fish will be the greatest thing since breasts!

13. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member