Just a hello and photo's of recent.

Discussion in 'Freshwater fishing reports' started by PiePuncher, Feb 5, 2008.

1. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you guys know that I am still alive. I have not had time to post but miss talking to you guys. I have been taking care of my little dude, who is now 1 and 1/2 years old. I am still fishing every saturday but no longer everyday. I usually head out once a week during the week to get my little dude out. Hope everyone is well and hope to see you guys soon...Here are some photo's of what I have been up to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

This is my little dude on halloween!!!! He might not be happy when he sees this picture and he is a little older! lol

[​IMG]

3. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

If you want, you can delete the pictures and I will resize. I just resized on the photobucket but it did not change the size of the photo's on here. Hope everyone is well.

Keith

4. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

no problem keith!my dialup connection loaded them just fine. Nice pics! and congrats on the "Daddy duties"!!! i have memories as far back as I can remember of my dad and I fishing together!!

5. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

That yellow jack pic is great!
    Oh, and those are definately sandbass:eek:
    How was Tawak?
    tight lines
    -B

6. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Good to hear from you again PP!

Nice reds and stripers! Are those from Fairfield?

Glad to see your priorities are in order!

7. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

I was going to edit but have a few responses. Brian, The boat is still in the shop!!!! OUCH! NO tawakoni but we will get out this weekend, expect a call.

Those of you that dont know, my number is 817-715-8659. I no longer have a land line. I got sick of all the sales pitches waking up my little one.

Daddy life is awesome.

8. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

The reds are from fairfield and I have been fishing lewisville and benbrook for the hybrids. The fishing is just now turning on in the freshwater. Actually, I wonder if the bite ever shuts down??
    Texoma has also been hot. I will be spending the next month fishing benbrook, Lewisville and Texoma with one trip to the coast for sheepshead.

9. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

From everything that I've read about fresh-water reds, you have to troll or fish pretty deep for them.

If redfish could be put in more reservoirs and fished successfully in shallow water, that would be a huge draw.

10. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

The reds being in deep water is a myth and one I like to keep quiet about. I also almost never troll. All the large reds I catch are caught casting large plugs. I usually catch them in waters ranging from 1 and 1/2ft deep to waters in the 20's. 15lb test is about perfect but I prefer a 20lb braid due to being able to pack more line on a spool. The reds rip off a ton of line when caught in the shallows. I even catch the reds in the shallows when fishing tradinghouse and never trolling......

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Whats up Keith??? glad to see you back on the board..