360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you guys know that I am still alive. I have not had time to post but miss talking to you guys. I have been taking care of my little dude, who is now 1 and 1/2 years old. I am still fishing every saturday but no longer everyday. I usually head out once a week during the week to get my little dude out. Hope everyone is well and hope to see you guys soon...Here are some photo's of what I have been up to.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my little dude on halloween!!!! He might not be happy when he sees this picture and he is a little older! lol

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want, you can delete the pictures and I will resize. I just resized on the photobucket but it did not change the size of the photo's on here. Hope everyone is well.

Keith

·
2,020 Posts
no problem keith!my dialup connection loaded them just fine. Nice pics! and congrats on the "Daddy duties"!!! i have memories as far back as I can remember of my dad and I fishing together!!

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
That yellow jack pic is great!
Oh, and those are definately sandbass:eek:
How was Tawak?
tight lines
-B

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to edit but have a few responses. Brian, The boat is still in the shop!!!! OUCH! NO tawakoni but we will get out this weekend, expect a call.

Those of you that dont know, my number is 817-715-8659. I no longer have a land line. I got sick of all the sales pitches waking up my little one.

Daddy life is awesome.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reds are from fairfield and I have been fishing lewisville and benbrook for the hybrids. The fishing is just now turning on in the freshwater. Actually, I wonder if the bite ever shuts down??
Texoma has also been hot. I will be spending the next month fishing benbrook, Lewisville and Texoma with one trip to the coast for sheepshead.

·
863 Posts
From everything that I've read about fresh-water reds, you have to troll or fish pretty deep for them.

If redfish could be put in more reservoirs and fished successfully in shallow water, that would be a huge draw.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reds being in deep water is a myth and one I like to keep quiet about. I also almost never troll. All the large reds I catch are caught casting large plugs. I usually catch them in waters ranging from 1 and 1/2ft deep to waters in the 20's. 15lb test is about perfect but I prefer a 20lb braid due to being able to pack more line on a spool. The reds rip off a ton of line when caught in the shallows. I even catch the reds in the shallows when fishing tradinghouse and never trolling......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts