July 2nd Big E, Roll Call

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by gimmedeal, Jun 11, 2009.

1. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I signed up yesterday and am number 12. Last year's trip was great, with first rate fishermen on board. Many who went last year aren't gonna make it this time but I need a Gulf fix bad and there isn't another boat like the Big E. Rod holders everywhere and 20 knot cruise.
    Who else is gonna make it?

Fred

2. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

I'm in. i was told this trip would be a go regardless of the number signed up.

3. workin

workin Member

Hey,

They told me the same thing. I'm on. I had to sell plasma, but it ought to be worth it.

F

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i am pulling out. heading back up north, hopefully going for bluefin in july 2nd.

5. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I wanted to go bad, but a visit to the doc yesterday has put my entire summer in question. I tried to act 20 again and tore up the left knee again.

6. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

This trip is leaving in 10 days. Has anybody else signed up? And what's the status on this weekend's Big E trip? In the last 4 days received a BD100, a Tuna Sniper 60-80, and a really sweet 400g OTI jigging rod. I'll be taking 3 for casting, 3 for jigging, and a SS/Avet 50 SDS for ballast. Steve, Frank, what are your travel plans? Is anybody gonna be there the night before? If so, give me a call at 512-576-6876 and we'll grab the traditional seafood dinner.

Fred

7. workin

workin Member

Hey,

I haven't called them, but I e-mailed and they replied that the trip was going, but they didn't say how many were signed on. I'll roll into Freeport afternoon on July 1. I plan to stay at the Country Hearth Resort and Spa again. Seafood dinner sounds good. I'll call you before I get in town.

F

8. Aggie82Josh

Aggie82Josh Senior Member

The Big E trip that was supposed to go this weekend got canceled (not enough people).

Good luck. I'll be on the July 24th 60 hour trip.

9. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I wish I could go on the 2nd, but I have commitments. I am bumbed, because I originally had the week off for this trip. I ended up booking the trip for next weekend and next weekends trip is not going.

You guys have a blast!!! Man, you will have that boat to yourself for 3 days!!

Dewayne, sorry to hear about the knee. Have a quick recovery.

Aggie82Josh, Grescobia and I will be on the July 24 trip with you.

Scott

10. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I called today and they told me the trip is half full. It'd be cool if it went out w 30 or less but the more the merrier. Frank, I'm debating whether to drive dow the first or the morning of. I'm leaning toward the 1st. If I do, we'll go to Willie Joe's for the pre trip meal.

Fred