July 23rd Pelican charter-Remember, check the DSH fish cam Monday

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by TOO, Jul 21, 2007.

1. TOO

TOO Senior member

Folks, we might have a spot open on Monday's 12 hour charter on the Pelican out of DSH in Port Aransas.
    We have a few guys that were on stand by and we are looking to see if they will commit, but at such short notice we need to have all bases covered. One of the first 15 is sick and he had to pull out, so if anyoone wants to join this charter, email me at [email protected] and preferably call me at (210)215-3877 to discuss the options.
    Cost will be $147 plus tip, and you will need to bring food and drink if you wish to drink and eat. We leave at 6 am and return 6 pm.
    Know it's only a party boat being chartered, but we hope to catch a fish or two each. If folks want to see what was caught on Monday, hit the DSH fish cam link around 6 pm. maybe we'll have a fish for each person on board.

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

i will be watching.. I missed tonights..they came in late... they have been catching some nice kings, lings, snapper, and yesterday a BIG hammerhead. I was really hoping to see todays, to see if they started hitting the shrimpers yet.... good luck out there, wish we coulda joined yall- just too much going on now to make the rest of my life financially secure.... gotta pay my dues now to play later.

3. TOO

TOO Senior member

Spot has been filled. Well known guy from the various Texas fishing boards.
    First non charter going person to guess who it is before 5 am Monday wins a new TBB 07 hat.

4. SkeeterRonnie

JP Greeson???

~~ I am watching them linen the fishboard right now.. the first boat came in with a ton of kings.. this looks like the Pelican with a buttload of NICE snappers!!

NOw make sure tomorrow you all turn around and wave for the camera!!! I just hope I dont miss it!! gonna tell Bazztex to call me when he hits the dock!!

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Looks like the weather God's will be nice for this trip. Friday the 20th was absolutely miserable. Heavy seas, high winds and heavy non stop rain with lightning is not fun for 17 hours. I couldn't have picked a worse day to venture offshore. To the friend I went with, thanks for another wild adventure.

It was nice meeting you Etan. I can't remember the guy's name from Ingleside. Who ever you are, it was a pleasure meeting you. DBG, nice to see you again. Remember how I was complaining about my thumb. I just got back from a Doc in the Box and it is broken along with my index finger.

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

It was good to meet up with all of you again! Breakfast was good too!

We'll be taking a camera and posting up plenty of pics tomorrow night! Wish us good luck.

The guy from Ingleside, that was Formula4Fish if I remember right his name is Dick, apologies if I got it wrong. Post up if I have it wrong.

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

7. etan

etan Senior Member

Nice meeting you also Mr. Bill. I'm heading north tomorrow, wish I was going on the 12 hr. I'll check the report on the internet.

8. shanker

shanker Senior Member

be sure to watch that web cam, the full moon might be rising around 6:30 or so!

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Nice meeting you also Mr. Bill. I'm heading north tomorrow, .

Have a safe trip.

To the guys going on this 12 hour trip you will catch your limit of snapper and kingfish. Typical, the seas and weather turn perfect the day you leave. The few shrimp boats I saw this past Friday were still dragging at 4:30am as we past them. They weren't very deep. I also didn't see a whole lot of them as in years past. There were none in deep water. No need to drag deep when the shrimp are in close.

10. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

It should be an interesting trip...Capt. John Brennan always seems to pull something out of his sleeve to put you on fish. I hope that I can catch my best AJ to date...and maybe something out of the ordinary...that's always fun. We should get plenty of pics.

I also want to wish Snagged, (Jerry), a very quick recovery....he looked good today when we went to visit him. Prayers are out for you my friend....we'll sure miss you on this trip bud....get well QUICK!!!

11. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

What happened to Snagged? Please PM me if you don't what to post.

12. SkeeterRonnie

ya thiink thier boxes are full??? they should be on their run in about now...4:30pm. I will start watching the boatramp cam to see them come in, then switch to the fishboard cam to see thier "slaughter!"..

13. Bret

Bret Senior Member

hey Ronnie,
    whats the link for the dock cam??? I am on my laptop and dont have it..

14. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Bret,
    Here is the link to the fish cam. You can also view the boat-ferry cam and the beach cam from this site. The Pelican Boat will show up on the ferry/boat ramp cam first. Then after a unloading the boat with fish they will hang them on the fish cam. That can take 15 minutes from what I've seen in the past.

They should have done very well today. Seas were only 1-2 feet. A lot better than the 6-7s I was in three days ago. I hope they did well. The wind shifted from the North for a little while today. That kills the top water bite. Hopefully it didn't ruin their trip.

Snagged, how are you doing. Hope all is well with you. I went to Floyd's Saturday for breakfast. My once a year tradition. Sorry I missed you.

Port A Now Fish Cam

15. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

I saw about 8-10 bft, a nice AJ and pile of snapper in a picture with Deepbluegulf, Richard and someone that looked a lot like Earl...

Bret,
    Here is the link to the fish cam. You can also view the boat-ferry cam and the beach cam from this site. The Pelican Boat will show up on the ferry/boat ramp cam first. Then after a unloading the boat with fish they will hang them on the fish cam. That can take 15 minutes from what I've seen in the past.

They should have done very well today. Seas were only 1-2 feet. A lot better than the 6-7s I was in three days ago. I hope they did well. The wind shifted from the North for a little while today. That kills the top water bite. Hopefully it didn't ruin their trip.

Snagged, how are you doing. Hope all is well with you. I went to Floyd's Saturday for breakfast. My once a year tradition. Sorry I missed you.

Port A Now Fish Cam

16. SkeeterRonnie

not too mention that big ol bag of ..?????...... took me awhile to figure that out.... LOL!!! Looks like they had a successful trip and the capitain once again went above and beyond!!! DSH is a good outfit!!

17. SkeeterRonnie

for those that dont know- the guy inthe orange shirt/tan ball cap is "TOO".. they take XTRA GOOD care of him when he arranges these charters :)

18. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I copied a frame from the Web Fish Cam. I think I count 24 Blackfin, 16 AJ, and a bunch of Snaps, mutton's, B-liners, etc. Looks like they had a fun day.

Attached Files:

19. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Dang, went to dinner and a couple of drinks and I missed the unloading...
    thanks for the link Mr Bill.

20. SkeeterRonnie

theres a nice ling??? in there center bottom on the wood plank

21. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

DBG,

Here's one for you. Can you find yourself?

Attached Files:

22. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

TxSeadog,

That IS Earl! And you all missed the Ling in the picture!

It was a great trip, alot of Snapper and Beeliner fishing, and unlimited numbers of just legal AJ. I think my total Catch and Release on the AJ was 18. After half a day of doing the bottom fishing thing, we went looking for some shrimp boats to see if we could scare up some Blackfin. We pulled up besides a few, and managed to shanghai some Blackfin! I think in the end we had limits of AJ, Alot of different snappers and around 15 Blackfin. We did manage to pull a nice Ling into the boat too, although that's a story for someone else to tell.

As we left Port A, the storms were brewing, lots of lightening and dark clouds. We made it through with no problem, and only a little bit of rain while we tried to make bait, which we were not successful at. When we stopped making bait, we looked back at Port A and you could tell they were getting pounded! Seas were great, anywhere from 0 to 1 foot, and in some places just glassy! Lots of flying fish were spotted with some huge schools flying away as we went over them. We saw a fair number of sport boats out, but never really saw if they were catching any fish or not.

More later,

Tom - DBG

23. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

congrats to all you guys on this trip.

What's up with Earl, he don't post anymore?