JPR Spiral Wrapped 5'6 Conventional

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by rtran, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Here are a few pictures of the rod built by JPR. I have paired it with a Saltiga 40.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rod is very light although I haven't weighed it. The specs are same as factory OTI 5'6 rod other than spiral wrap. This rod has been scaled with the Saltiga 40 at 25lb of drag and has a nice bend and can do more. Pictures will be posted up this week when I get the chance. When I first tried the rod when TJ lent it to me I loved it and had to have one.

2. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Is this the same blank as the OTI? If not what blank?

3. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

yeah we used the OTI 600g blank

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

are the blanks not covered by the same warranty as their prebuilt rods? i usually buy my blanks from the people that are wrapping my rods so if this occurs my custom rods get replaced. all i pay for is rewrapping and minor labor and parts fees. they can use most the parts off the old setup if still reusable.

i always ask the builder if the warranty is affected when cutting off any length before hand. sometimes even if it is not covered because of modifications some will cover it since they have the blanks there.

5. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

are the blanks not covered by the same warranty as their prebuilt rods? i usually buy my blanks from the people that are wrapping my rods so if this occurs my custom rods get replaced. all i pay for is rewrapping and minor labor and parts fees. they can use most the parts off the old setup if still reusable.

i always ask the builder if the warranty is affected when cutting off any length before hand. sometimes even if it is not covered because of modifications some will cover it since they have the blanks there.
    yeah, most blanks are covered under some warranty,
    usually if broken under normal fishing conditions.
    and most are void if cut.
    but i do try to work with the customer.
    same deal as you look for, rewrap and minor labor and parts fee.

he posted he shut it in a door.
    i will at least call and see if its covered for him.
    it can never hurt to ask.

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

yeah its my mistake

7. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

rtran i responded in your other post about a blank....rick

8. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

thats great guys. way to keep the customers happy. im glad oti and paul are working together. rich you might have to get another reel now since you sold your saltiga. lol.

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

haha luckily is was my buddy who contact me about the reel but ive told him its currently on hold for the moment

10. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

What's a rod like that one cost? BTW, very nice !

11. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

What's a rod like that one cost? BTW, very nice !
    with the OTI blanks.and they are in the 300-399 range.
    i do have them with other blanks from about 209. for budget guys