JPR site visit take 2

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by silky23, Nov 19, 2009.

1. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

So I managed to make it back to JPR rods a couple of weeks ago, Paul's proximity to Philly airport is way too convenient:D . We started hammering out some details on a new Conventional jigger I was having built. Picked out some pretty sweet parts (Fuji SiC's, ALPS realseat & gimbal, grips, etc). It's nice and easy when the stuff to pick from is sitting right in front of you. Paul helped me figure out grip placement and size and walla, the order was in!
    So I get a call From Paul this past Mon telling me he's got some photo's of the completed rod! Woohoo! I've been like a kid on christmas eve the past couple of weeks! Anyways, we're heading out Toggin this Sunday so I'll be picking it up then and just could'nt wait to share the photo's with you guys, so here's some of what Paul has sent me so far.http://www.360tuna.com/gallery/.gldata/2/7/9/7/JPRCUSTOMRODS055.JPG

2. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

That rod is nasty....:eek: Hope the drool doesnt fry my laptop.

3. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

That rod is nasty....:eek: Hope the drool doesnt fry my laptop.
    Thanks bro, we went with a Blue blue silver color scheme, for me it was kinda like honoring my first bluefin :) I think those grips really set it off.

4. chf1949

chf1949 Senior Member

5. YMMV

YMMV Senior Member

Very nice!!!

Nice job as always Paul!!!!

6. soggy dollars

soggy dollars Junior member

Sweetness! Congrats on a beautiful rod.
    I just visited the JPR site... nice stuff. What a great way to treat yourself.
    I can't quite tell what the weight is, what will you be fishing for?

7. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Very nice!!!

Nice job as always Paul!!!!
    Thanks .
    here is another pic:D

Attached Files:

8. dan1

dan1 Senior Member

how much did that cost?

9. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

This is a 500g, this will be my NE BFT bruiser. Now all I need to do is find a good reel to match! :)

10. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

A gorilla 20 (silver) on that would be just sick!

11. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

A gorilla 20 (silver) on that would be just sick!

That's kinda what I'm kickin' around right now. Either the 12c or the 20. I'm still waiting to see one in person. I know the Avet HXJ got some bad reviews but I might give it a try if the price is right.

12. JfishKing

JfishKing Senior Member

Sick Rod dude, looks great... definitely like the ALPS reel seat and grips.

Nice work Paul.

13. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

why not a blue/silver jm pe-6 ?

14. Flattop

Flattop Junior member

Nice rod Drew. I saw it when I picked up my spiral wrap Paul did for me. That picture of you holding the tuna looks familiar on the back of Kobey's boat. We left in the dark and returned in the dark and we all came back with meat. Not a bad trip on a tough day fishing. Good luck with the BFT's with your new toy.

15. Flattop

Flattop Junior member

That's kinda what I'm kickin' around right now. Either the 12c or the 20. I'm still waiting to see one in person. I know the Avet HXJ got some bad reviews but I might give it a try if the price is right.

I believe Tackle Direct in Somers Point has one in the store. I'll let you know, I'm heading down there Sunday to pick up a new Accurate (BX 500) I just purchased for my new Christmas present.

16. Flattop

Flattop Junior member

Drew,

If you want to handle some Alutecnos head down to Tackle Direct. They have a good selection of the single speed reels in both silver and gold. Also, you can play with the Accurates, Avet's, Everol's, Penn's and most anything else you feel like putting on your new rod. Heck take your rod with you and try the different reels on to see how they feel.

17. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

18. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

the 20 is much bigger than the 12c....if you're thinking 12c or larger, definitely look at the 12 first before the 20. i may get a 20 but itd be used only for fish like large bluefin jigging, but really for normal fish the 12 is plenty.

one difference between the 12c and 12 (other than width obviously) is that the 12 has lugs, the 12c does not. just depends what you want to use it for and whether or not youd use a harness