360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the joe miller knot? Would like to know if its worth learning. Seems to be a very small knot just wondering how strong it is?

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
I have used this knot a few times. Funny, in the video he says " it is so easy to cinch down."
I have actually had a hard time cinching any mono over about 130#...
I think it is a stong knot when it is tied right and cinched down.

·
1,386 Posts
Does anyone use the joe miller knot? Would like to know if its worth learning. Seems to be a very small knot just wondering how strong it is?

Not sure about this one, it seems a little involved.

There is a knot at the bottom of this link that I have used for 5 years for 80#+ mono and fluorocarbon. It is like a Jansik knot except it is only two turns. The Japanese call it a Ryo-shi.

It is very easy to tie and very strong. It wastes little leader material. I leave the tag a little long and don't tie the uni that they mention. Lubricate it well and pull it up to 50% of the breaking strength of the line and it will hold.

I found this knot when looking for something to tie in 100# mono. I have tested it to breaking several times and get an honest 80%, 80lb test breaks at about 65#. Of course a Bimini would be better, if you like Biminis, I do.

How to make SIG knot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts