JM power handle for TN40/50 and Torsa

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, May 29, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I sent Trinidad 40 handle to Jigging Master to examine whether existing JM power handle fit to the reels.
    However their response is negative. JM handle with shaft designed for Shimano fit to Ocea Jigger (Japanese domestic Trinidad), but it doesn't fit to TN 40/50. The only way to isntall it is to drill off the original shaft and use standard Accurate shaft.

I asked them to make special shaft for TN40/50 which is also good for Torsa. With the new shaft you can install JM power handle with any modification or drilling. The new shaft should be available in July.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

I had issues with my handle last week. it fell off :(

I'm going to send it back to chris and see if he can figure out what happened.

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I had issues with my handle last week. it fell off :(

I'm going to send it back to chris and see if he can figure out what happened.
    I'd like to see what happened. It is the first time I heard it fell off.
    It is because of any defect of the handle, I'll send a new one to you.

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i forgot to bring the reel to work today to send back to chris. I'll tell him to let you know if he can figure it out.

I got my Ocea back though so I am still able to have a conventional reel this weekend :)

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

i forgot to bring the reel to work today to send back to chris. I'll tell him to let you know if he can figure it out.

I got my Ocea back though so I am still able to have a conventional reel this weekend :)
    I should have sent my JM PE4 to test for yft as I have to wait one month to test it for bluefin. :)

6. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

I got my Ocea back though so I am still able to have a conventional reel this weekend :)[/QUOTE]

GOM or other place? Bret
    "Lordhell" is going to Garnison this weekend I think

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

no, heading out of venice tomorrow morning. i have a long drive tonight!

anthony - it fell off where the screw meets the shaft - not the handle part. i tried tightening it down again but it kept happening.

i'd have loved trying that JM reel on tuna, its so tiny

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

anthony - it fell off where the screw meets the shaft - not the handle part. i tried tightening it down again but it kept happening.

Locktite is the answer. Nobody's replaced more handles than me. I done at least 50 in the last two years. I learned many lessons. Always use locktite on all shaft's and handle screws. I even go to the trouble of tapping the hole deeper so I can get longer screws anywhere possible. If I can't go deeper, I re-drill and tap it up another larger diameter.

It's my belief that all manufacturers use to small of screw on all shafts and knobs.:mad: It's a horrible feeling to have a knob in your hand not attached to a reel when bringing in a fish.:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

One more important thing. Always clean the oil and grease off both the screw and tapped hole with denatured alcohol and let dry before using the locktite. Otherwise, you wasted your time.

If you don't have any denatured alcohol around, just use Isopropyl alcohol available anywhere. Lacquer thinner will also work but you need to have the parts free of oil and grease. Use a Q-tip for getting into tight places. Take the Q-tip and twist some of the cotton into a point, dip in alcohol and twist into tap hole. If you have an air compressor, blowing out the old oil and grease is quick. Locktite also needs some drying time. Try and wait at least two days before using after applying locktite.

10. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i figured it was loctite - but may have lost the bearing chris put in there so had to send it back for that bearing.

11. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Any word on a new handle for the trini 40/50's ?

12. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Any word on a new handle for the trini 40/50's ?
    I should get shaft for TN40/50 by next month.

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

chris got my handle on there, but had to fabricate a part