JM PE4 II reel

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I got the shipment of JM PE4 II.

Gross Weight:460g
    Efflcient drag:15~25lbs
    Line capacity:PE4-400m
    PE4 reel Gear Ratio:1:4.0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

comparison of PE4 II with PE4 I
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

What is the price?

3. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

The new handle looks good.

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

When you have time, could you please take a picture of the side plate view on the silver and gold reels. Thanks.

5. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

WELLCOME JIGGING MASTER

Tj, Mr Bill
    Until Kil has time to answer I found info to both questions from JM site
    a month or so ago. Photos included.

Other JM stuff I have purchased from Kil has been same\close to JM home page.

Kil, please don't ban me from your shop If I am wrong:eek:

Kev

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

What is the price?

Pricing is always tough part for me.:)
    As the reel is new to the US. I sell the reel at $419 ( about 5 percent over what JM sell them). But I am not selling them out of box. I have them checked one by one at my cost.

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Very nice looking reel. It must be smaller than the Accurate BX2 400. It weights 4 oz less than the BX2 400. Since I don't use any braid less than 65#, I figure it would hold around 300 yards of Tuf-Line XP 65#. I think this would be a great inshore jigging reel for snapper, ling, kingfish, blackfin tuna. etc.

Would a 300g rod be about the right fit for this reel and the intended species above?

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Very nice looking reel. It must be smaller than the Accurate BX2 400. It weights 4 oz less than the BX2 400. Since I don't use any braid less than 65#, I figure it would hold around 300 yards of Tuf-Line XP 65#. I think this would be a great inshore jigging reel for snapper, ling, kingfish, blackfin tuna. etc.

Would a 300g rod be about the right fit for this reel and the intended species above?

I had 300 meter of PE5 Varivas Avani on JM PE4 reel.
    It is Avet SX size and I think it matches with 200g and 250g rod.
    The handle is perfect of my small hands and you might need oversized special handle. :)

I am going to have my own color of Accurate reels. If you need colored Accurate reels ,let me know before production.

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. I agree that the handle won't fit me. It is nice looking, but would end up the replaced handle drawer which is getting pretty full.:eek:

Two more questions.
    What color are the JM powerspell rods in the conventional 200g and 250g?

You say the reels are being checked out one by one. Does this mean you are having someone open up each reel to see if it is up to par?

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Two more questions.
    What color are the JM powerspell rods in the conventional 200g and 250g?

You say the reels are being checked out one by one. Does this mean you are having someone open up each reel to see if it is up to par?

JM 200g blue
    JM 250g red

Yes, the reels are being checked out one by one.
    The drag knobs are too stiff for my liking and all knob parts are disassembled for applying grease and oil. If the free spool of any reel is not up to my expectation, all parts are disassembled to make free spool better.

11. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Sorry if im side tracking this thread but are they coming out with a spinning reel?

12. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Sorry if im side tracking this thread but are they coming out with a spinning reel?
    I have no idea, but I doubt they develop spinning reels soon.
    JM PE5 reels are available in Aug or Sept. After that, they will introduce PE8 (?) similar to Accurate 665 size.

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Yes, the reels are being checked out one by one.
    The drag knobs are too stiff for my liking and all knob parts are disassembled for applying grease and oil. If the free spool of any reel is not up to my expectation, all parts are disassembled to make free spool better.

Kil that's a good idea. That might would have prevented the problem I had with the JM reel.

d-a

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil that's a good idea. That might would have prevented the problem I had with the JM reel.

d-a
    My standard might be too high. :) Guy who take care of my reels keeps saying that it is pretty smooth to move lever drags, but I keep saying to make them smooher. :)

I can not compete with guys who sell on e-bay with prices, but I can compete with better personal service.

15. stresst

stresst Senior Member

I had 300 meter of PE5 Varivas Avani on JM PE4 reel.
    It is Avet SX size and I think it matches with 200g and 250g rod.
    The handle is perfect of my small hands and you might need oversized special handle. :)

I am going to have my own color of Accurate reels. If you need colored Accurate reels ,let me know before production.

What color? Im in the market for a 870 N low speed, 665NN 2 speed and a BX-500 for my buddy

I also want a 2 speed JM4

16. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I also want a 2 speed JM4
    JM4 is single speed. There is no reason to go for two speed for such a small reel.

17. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

18. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I told guys who odered the PE4 II reels that I couldn't send the reels until they perform to my expectation.
    I was puzzled why the new PE5 II has more binding problem than my PE4 I reel though the binding of new PE4 II is tolerable.
    I met Tunatoys again tonight. He examined the new PE4 II reel and my old PE4 I reel and experimented a few things.
    As usual he found solution !!! I am happy man now and the reels are ready to go. :)

Turning handle is not affected at all by drag and it has excellent free spool even on heavy drag. After some modification the reel becomes among the best for moving lever drag smoothly even on heavy drag.
    Long arm / angled custom handle along with less resistance of turning handle make jigging pretty easier and effective.

19. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Some asked whether they can use this reel for tuna jigging.
    While it is a joy to use this tiny reel for tuna jigging and the reel is capable to land a decent tuna, the reel is designed for inshore jigging.
    PE4 II is exactly same size as Shimano Ocea Jigger 1500P, but with more powerful drag, better free spool, reinforced double dogging system and long custom handle and much stronger internal parts.