JM new light fighting belt

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, May 29, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I got inquiries of new light JM Aluminum gimbal belts.
    JM introduced new two types of light fightiging belt for gimbled rod and non-gimbled rod.
    I haven't test them myself, but ChrisW gave good review after he used the belt on a recent trip to Three Kings Islands, NZ with JM guys.

Here is his review:

During my recent trip to the 3 Kings with the AG guys, I tested the new JM small gimble belt and was surprised at its comfort despite its obvious smaller size when compared to the full size gimble belt worn by Nepps in a previous post. Perhaps it might be easier to explain that the full size gimble belts if worn too low tend not to spread across your legs evenly especially as most anglers tend to have a forward foot, backfoot stance for greater stability. This distraction can catch you out during the wrong moment so its better to avoid it if possible.

The smaller gimble belts worn around the groin and above the thighs I found to be more comfortable and did not have the distractions of the lower positioned gimble belt. If you have the larger gimble belts, adjust them to their highest position and check out the difference.

All plate come with basic adjustable belt.
    It weighs 15 oz and the price is $109.00 plus $10 shipping within the US.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

size comparison between new small gimbal belt and original JM gimbal belt
    [​IMG]

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

how does that red plate compare to the plate i have? is it much moer comfortable?

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

how does that red plate compare to the plate i have? is it much moer comfortable?
    same size as you have.

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

oh they just changed the shape, or is it just different so it can be used with rods without a gimbal. all my rods have a gimbal :)

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

No they didn't change the shape. THere are two different types.
    The red plate for gimbled rod and non-gombled rod is popular among GT fishermen as some popping rods don't have gimbal.

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

7. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

no gimble Only comes in purple?

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

When I was in Panama fishing with the two French Journalist, they preferred the belt without the gimbal, like the purple one you pictured above. They fish a bunch and do a lot of GT fishing. They also don't like gimbal on their rods.

I guess everybody is different. I don't have a rod without a gimbal because I like the way my rods ride in a boat in a rod holder. I noticed their rods were always crooked in the holders. Many times the rubber ball on the end of their rods would pull out the rubber rod holder liner. This was a problem at times. Sometimes on a quick bite the rod holder liner was stuck to their rubber gimbal and the fish escaped before they could cast. Sometimes the rubber Gimbal would get stuck in the rod holder gasket. I reckon, to each his own.

They asked me if I wanted to try their small belt. I looked at it and replied,
    "That little piece of crap will barely fit on one thigh, you guys need to stop eating all that fruit and eat some meat and potatoes".:D

9. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

I'd assume you can get colors besides purple... or if not I'd guess that would be a serious drawback, as I wouldn't buy a purple one. They look nice though...

10. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

When I was in Panama fishing with the two French Journalist, they preferred the belt without the gimbal, like the purple one you pictured above. They fish a bunch and do a lot of GT fishing. They also don't like gimbal on their rods.

I guess everybody is different. I don't have a rod without a gimbal because I like the way my rods ride in a boat in a rod holder. I noticed their rods were always crooked in the holders. Many times the rubber ball on the end of their rods would pull out the rubber rod holder liner. This was a problem at times. Sometimes on a quick bite the rod holder liner was stuck to their rubber gimbal and the fish escaped before they could cast. Sometimes the rubber Gimbal would get stuck in the rod holder gasket. I reckon, to each his own.

They asked me if I wanted to try their small belt. I looked at it and replied,
    "That little piece of crap will barely fit on one thigh, you guys need to stop eating all that fruit and eat some meat and potatoes".:D
    I have grown to like the rubber gimbal that is on one of my jigging rods. If I forget to put on a belt and have a good fish on its not the end of the world. The rubber gimbal end doesn't gouge your skin thru shorts like a metal gimbal.
    I doo see the problem of it getting stuck in a tight lined rod holder.

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I'd assume you can get colors besides purple... or if not I'd guess that would be a serious drawback, as I wouldn't buy a purple one. They look nice though...
    You have choice. :)

[​IMG]

12. gman

gman Senior Member

Kil .... I really like the look of the purple belt without the gimble pin. It reminds me of the fisherman flat harness I use. That belt should be a great seller for you looks light, very padded and comfortable.

Most imported jigging rods are coming with a rubber butt so that belt would work well

13. gman

gman Senior Member

You have choice. :)

[​IMG]

That silver one is very nice, deflects heat well

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Thanks Glenn for your kind words.
    JM guys know what they are doing. I found every design of their products has reason for it from their experiences.
    I realized many popping rods and some jigging rods don't have gimbals.

15. fishyandy

fishyandy Member

Kil your PM is full please delete some messages. can't send pm.

16. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil your PM is full please delete some messages. can't send pm.
    I delted some. I am going to include your order.

17. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

Kil will you be carrying these in stock at your shop? I still havent gotten over there yet and would like to check out these belts they look nice.

18. cwtan12

cwtan12 Junior member

Thanks Glenn for your kind words.
    JM guys know what they are doing. I found every design of their products has reason for it from their experiences.
    I realized many popping rods and some jigging rods don't have gimbals.

Pony Liu has been telling me that they need to be convinced their products are better than those in the market before they can launch. Otherwise they can't compete with those more established Japanese brands.

19. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

20. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

I like em too, if they had an option for a gimbal pin I'd get one.