JM GT Monster Popping Rod

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by SteelingHeads, Sep 16, 2009.

1. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

Hey Guys! I was wondering if anyone has ever fished this rod. I know the JM Power Spell gets very high reviews but I don't know anything about their Popping rod. I have the opportunity to get one, and just not sure if it is worth it or not. How would it compare to the 60 - 80 Tuna Sniper or BD 200? Thanks in advance you tackle ho's you!

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

here is rod info on Jigging Master site.

MASTER GT MONSTER 8'6 ROD
    For targeting GT/BFT/YFT, designed to be 30/70 action which is superb for super long distance popper casting to raise up the "hito" ratio.

Weigh lifting test :

Vertical : 10Kg
    50 degrees : 22Kg
    Popper : 100g ~180g
    Selfweigh : 420g( Aluminum balancing accessories excluded)

I expect new shipment of the popping rods will arrive in Oct.
    I can not tell about the rod as I haven't seen them myself, but they should be good as JM tested the prototype popping rods over years to be accepted to their standard.
    I am currently carry OTI and OR Black Devil 200. I plan to introduce a few more Japanese top quality popping rods along with JM popping rod soon so that customers have more choices to select.

3. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

Thanks for the response Kil. I have a Tuna Sniper and BD 200 already, just saw this rod and was curious about it. Looks like an awesome rod, but hard to be sure without handling it.