360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! I was wondering if anyone has ever fished this rod. I know the JM Power Spell gets very high reviews but I don't know anything about their Popping rod. I have the opportunity to get one, and just not sure if it is worth it or not. How would it compare to the 60 - 80 Tuna Sniper or BD 200? Thanks in advance you tackle ho's you!

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
here is rod info on Jigging Master site.

MASTER GT MONSTER 8'6 ROD
For targeting GT/BFT/YFT, designed to be 30/70 action which is superb for super long distance popper casting to raise up the "hito" ratio.

Weigh lifting test :

Vertical : 10Kg
50 degrees : 22Kg
Popper : 100g ~180g
Selfweigh : 420g( Aluminum balancing accessories excluded)

I expect new shipment of the popping rods will arrive in Oct.
I can not tell about the rod as I haven't seen them myself, but they should be good as JM tested the prototype popping rods over years to be accepted to their standard.
I am currently carry OTI and OR Black Devil 200. I plan to introduce a few more Japanese top quality popping rods along with JM popping rod soon so that customers have more choices to select.

·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Kil. I have a Tuna Sniper and BD 200 already, just saw this rod and was curious about it. Looks like an awesome rod, but hard to be sure without handling it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts