JM Dancing Jig

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I just got 300g and 350g JM Dancing Jig.
    Those jigs are not small and are for deepwater jigging for offshore seabass, cod or grouper.
    The finish is as good as Shimano's Lucanus jigs. The major difference is you can use any assist hooks for Dancing Jig while Shimano's Lucanus jigs has two small hooks. Shimano claims two small hooks are better for Lucanus jig's application, but many fishermen don't like it as they drop too many fish.
    You can choose any size hook you like for JM Dancing Jig though it comes with one assist hook.
    I can't wait to test them soon. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

They look like grouper killers.

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

are these available to the public yet?

4. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

are these available to the public yet?
    I have them now. But I like to test them myself. Mayby offshore seabass on Tuesday. :) Then grouper in NC soon. They still get gag grouper in numbers within sight of land.

5. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

Kil, if you want to wring out the Grafighter, just let me knowand I'll send it down to you!

6. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

kil, id be happy to test some on the grouper, snapper, and huge white trout down here now.

7. gmack

gmack Senior Member

Those look just like some jigs I was checking out earlier today. They are called power jigs:

Power Jigs

8. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Those look sweet what are the prices and are those the only two sizes?

9. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Look like some of the striper/sand bass "slabs" we use here in OKLAHOMA. Kinda like a "little george"

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil, if you want to wring out the Grafighter, just let me knowand I'll send it down to you!
    I am not sure what you say. Please send me a pm about it.

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

kil, id be happy to test some on the grouper, snapper, and huge white trout down here now.
    When I get those jigs, the first thought was the jigs might work for grouper.
    When I talked with a commercial grouper fisherman in NC, he said he killed gag grouper in shallow water. I am dying to go down there to test the jigs.
    While Florida has trouble with gag grouper, gag grouper are plentiful in NC.

12. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Those look just like some jigs I was checking out earlier today. They are called power jigs:

Power Jigs
    The general shape looks similar, but I bet the finish is not the same. And JM Dancing jigs are designed for the use of regular assist hooks.
    I can not find any Lucanus-like jig with the finish in the market as good as Lucanus jigs.

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Those look sweet what are the prices and are those the only two sizes?
    Yes, there are only 300g and 350g at this moment.
    I haven't calculate all the cost involved, but the price will about $12-14.