360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well as you know New Zealand is famous for many things, one of them is jigging. If you had to rate places to jig Im sure the masses would agree that White Island, Ranfurly Banks and Three Kings is some are up there as places you want to go and jig.

If you have watched any of the jigging videos such as Heavy Metal and such there is a guy named JTF or Jimi the Fish, you cant miss him he is always hooked up and holding a beat. He is a premiere angler, a great guy but also amazing at refinishing jigs, reels and making customs jobs.

I had him create some customs for me about a month ago and I thought i would share them. He took some plain jane zest jigs and made them look brilliant and will be hanging off some slobs soon

Welcome to the site Jimi

Attachments

·
434 Posts
Glenn those jigs look badazz, i really that that first and second to last one, they look really deadly.

I looked for some videos of JTF on youtube but didn't find anything. If you know of any online videos with him, let me know.

Thanks

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glenn those jigs look badazz, i really that that first and second to last one, they look really deadly.

I looked for some videos of JTF on youtube but didn't find anything. If you know of any online videos with him, let me know.

Thanks

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice.
It looks jigs become fashion items. :)

fashion or not the finish is like a mirror and the colors are great

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really that that first and second to last one, they look really deadly.

The orange one you are referring too has some type of inlay in it, looks so good in person

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
fashion or not the finish is like a mirror and the colors are great
Yes, those colors definitely attract fishermen's eyes. :)

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, those colors definitely attract fishermen's eyes. :)

Im not concerned if it attracts fisherman's eyes, Im posting a thread about some ones talent. I will let the fish decide what they like.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Im not concerned if it attracts fisherman's eyes, Im posting a thread about some ones talent. I will let the fish decide what they like.
Glenn, I said as comliment. jigs got to catch fishermen's eyes first. :)

·
218 Posts
We are spoiled with some of the talent down this way,custom reels,jigs,rods, and blanks. Very much a DIY attitude that has gone to another level. The pics dont show the number of coats of clear Jimi has put on these.
Anybody who has Jimi's jigs knows they will survive more than a few hits from the razor gang.
Hopefully he will show you some of his handy work on reels as well.

·
15 Posts
Thanks for the comments Gents
Ill customize anything,jigs,gimbals,surface poppers,rods etc etc.
Most of the jigs are re-paints,their original coating/colour has usually left the jig due to poor quality adhesion of paint/holographic/clear coat system.
The system i use is all two pac paint system,super hard finish,but im sure a Doggie would destroy with out looking twice.
Ill replicate to order,or if requested,go creative.
Always looking for feed back on their performance and longevity.

Attachments

·
145 Posts
Wow Great Job Jimmy. may I ask you, from your experience which Jig color catch more fish, or you paint em randomly. Thank you and Great job with that awesome painting.

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jimmy I would really like to get a couple of those squid ones but with lumo paint if you can just send me the amount and I will paypal you. They will be perfect for my next trip

·
620 Posts
Jimi - Post up your SRJ's and some of the fish you've thrashed with them... I get a kick out of seeing that sh*t everytinme!~

1 - 20 of 28 Posts