Jigs storage

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by SpecialK, Nov 19, 2008.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

How do you guys store/transport your jigs when going on a trip. I have been lazy in finding a good solution to this and have just had jigs put holes in another plastic box. They keep breaking...
    Anyone have a good solution.

2. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

On another thread, Fonz linked a Bass Pro Boat bag and I decided to check
    the BPS clearance section from that link (as a Bottom Feeder should do) and found this jig storage bag.
    Might work.
    Freestyle Jigging Jig Binder

3. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

If you have a chance anytime soon, could you post a pic of the inside of the bag?
    I don't have a basspro near Austin and don't want to order one without knowing what the inside is like...
    Thanks!

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

The jig in the middle of the bag running vertical in the picture, how long is it? That looks liek the jigs i am most worried about finding storage for.

I was thinking that something like a open end wrench roll woul dwork good, if I can find the right size.

5. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

An auto upholstery shop could build what you need.
    Then you could show us the UJB, Ultimate Jig Bag....:)

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Fishhead56,
    When you come to my shop on Sat, you'll see Shimano Butterfly jig bags and Jigging Master jig bags. The JM bag can hold upto 72 jigs and as many as 30 long jigs upto 280 mm (11 inches).

[​IMG]

7. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

price on that bag please Kil ?
    Yes please Kil?

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Then you could show us the UJB, Ultimate Jig Bag....:)

OK, you asked for it.:)

Attached Files:

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

More Jig Storage

Attached Files:

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

price on that bag please Kil ?
    The jig bag with one page (detachable central piece compartment) is $59.50 and one with two pages is $62.50. Bags with two pages are sold out. They were hot items for those who visited my shop.

11. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

More,

Attached Files:

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

The jig bag with one page (detachable central piece compartment) is $59.50 and one with two pages is $62.50. Bags with two pages are sold out. They were hot items for those who visited my shop.

Open up that web site so us unfortunate can get a chance before the locals gobble everything up.

13. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Is this homeade or can you buy it somewhere?
    This looks like the best one for what I want to do. Looks like it will handle the long jigs also.

14. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    This just gave me an idea. I think I can make this with things in my garage:)

15. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

looks like the rollable mesh jig bag from APS. for 20 bucks. i have the black one. this is actually a very useful bag. the only jig it will not hold is the nagamasa 400, even though the measurements on the site state it will. still holds alot

16. njnicka

njnicka Senior Member

I currently use the rollable mesh bags, but i'm waiting for the 2 sleeve Jig Master bag from kil, its bad ass and hold a ton of jigs!!!!

17. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

mrbill - you dont mind having the assist hooks on the jigs in storage? you must be more careful than me...i always snag something with the hooks. i normally keep those separate.

i go the el cheapo route which is some plano boxes in a shimano bag...though i guess nothing shimano sells is cheap. has worked fine. a jig bag would be more ideal, but i can keep poppers in the boxes as well. only diamond jigs have their hooks attached in the box, poppers and swimbaits are hookless as well.

18. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

mrbill - you dont mind having the assist hooks on the jigs in storage? you must be more careful than me...i always snag something with the hooks. i normally keep those separate.

i go the el cheapo route which is some plano boxes in a shimano bag...though i guess nothing shimano sells is cheap. has worked fine. a jig bag would be more ideal, but i can keep poppers in the boxes as well. only diamond jigs have their hooks attached in the box, poppers and swimbaits are hookless as well.
    My problem is that everytime I fly with jigs, the plano box has holes in it when I land.
    When we got to PV, there were holes in the box. I used a bunch of duct tape on the box for the ride back. When we landed the duct tape had holes in it and jigs were all over the place.
    I the the bag is the way to go. I have already bought at least 70-80 bucks in plano boxes...

19. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I currently use the rollable mesh bags, but i'm waiting for the 2 sleeve Jig Master bag from kil, its bad ass and hold a ton of jigs!!!!
    I did not pay much attention about jig bags assuming most jig bags are same until they asked me JM jig bags. I realized not many jig bag can hold many 12 inch long jigs like JM jig bags. Even one page JM jig bag can hold lots fo jigs.
    Call me if you are interested in togging in RI tomorrow. :)

20. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

kil....we're going out of jersey on wednesday as well if you dont have any plans. just a quick trip...itll be my first time togging :)