JIGNPOP.COM is almost complete.

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

It's been frustating that my shop's webite was under the construction for long. I finally see some light and the site is in final stage of completion.
    As I promised, I have been in search of quality products. All products I carry are tested myself and recommended highly by experienced fishermen. I'll continue to find better products for other fishermen.
    My shop is not just for selling jigging and popping tackles, but provide advice and info. If you have any questions regarding jigging and popping, let me know and don't have any obligation to buy antying as my shop's ultimate goal is to provide right tackles in the right direction.

I saw some tried to order from the site. It is not working yet. When you don't see 'UPDATING' sign on the left of my tuna picture, you know it is working.

Thanks patience, guys.

Jignpop.com

560 Sylvan Ave.
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    Tel. 201-568-7702
    Fax. 201-568-7715
    email: [email protected]

2. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

Kil,

if you can get prices for your popping rods that would be nice.
    I was on there looking around this morning and some don't have
    prices. I was looking at the Carpenter 92 and 92 SL

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil,

if you can get prices for your popping rods that would be nice.
    I was on there looking around this morning and some don't have
    prices. I was looking at the Carpenter 92 and 92 SL

The price of both OM92 and 92SL set at $840 based on current exchange rate. I think the price of Carpenter rods are almost same. If you find any other dealers sell lower than I do including shipping, let me known.

I don't think the rods are available in 2009. That is why I listed as COMING SOON.

4. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Alright Kil! I can finally order from you online! :)

5. Bluewater Dawg

Bluewater Dawg Senior Member

Hello Kil,
    I'm sure with Anglers Proshop going out of business you will do well. I like one stop shopping where you can find all the latest hard to find lures and gear. It's been great doing business with you so far. Keep up the good work.
    Good Luck, Ron

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Hello Kil,
    I'm sure with Anglers Proshop going out of business you will do well. I like one stop shopping where you can find all the latest hard to find lures and gear. It's been great doing business with you so far. Keep up the good work.
    Good Luck, Ron
    In fact, Angelrs Proshop didn't go out of business and we are going to see two different stores soon. :)
    If we have more jigging and popping specialty shops in the US, it only helps fishermen.
    Jigging and popping specialty shop requires lots of investment for its size. You wouldn't do it if you just want to make money as you get better rate of returns by investing same money to other buisiness opportunities.
    I just love to find products, test them and introduce them to other fishermen. :)

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Alright Kil! I can finally order from you online! :)
    It takes only one year. :)

8. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

will you accept paypal?

9. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

will you accept paypal?
    Definitely.
    I heard many credit card fraud from overseas orders.
    I think paypal payment can reduce fraud purchases too.

10. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

:) cant wait to spend my pay check

11. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Jigging and popping specialty shop requires lots of investment for its size. You wouldn't do it if you just want to make money as you get better rate of returns by investing same money to other buisiness opportunities.

That is very true! By the time you pay 10% sportfishing excise tax on your sales(or $10 on rods), plus the original cost, there is very little left over.

12. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

That is very true! By the time you pay 10% sportfishing excise tax on your sales(or $10 on rods), plus the original cost, there is very little left over.

WTF??? Is that a state or a fed tax? Never heard of it before...

13. chf1949

chf1949 Senior Member

Federal excise tax.

14. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Senior Member

It's been around for years. You have unknowingly paid it on all your fishing tackle purchases made in the U.S. That's why it chaps some of us when recreational opportunities are reduced in favor of the commercial folks. I expect we contribute more to the economy than they do. They just have a better lobby.

15. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

During the dot com days, (around 2000) I wanted to get into online tackle sales. I first talked to Shimano and they told me I needed to have a brick and mortar store front even though I was willing to give them a 50K original order.:eek:

After a few more phone calls to misc fishing tackle company's and putting a pencil to it to the whole store front, 150K in inventory, overhead, I blew off the whole idea.

16. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

WTF??? Is that a state or a fed tax? Never heard of it before...

The govt gets 10% of all sport fishing equipment sold (Form 720 line 41) except rods, which are 10% up to a cap of $10. Most of this is paid at the wholesale level, unless you are directly importing from outside the country, then it hasn't been paid and you have to pay it off the retail sale (which is very high).

The average sportfishermen puts a lot more into the federal coffers than they could imagine. Take 60% of everything you have ever spent on recreational tackle and mult by 10%. IE. You own 10,000 worth of tackle x 60% = $6000 x 10%. On top of the sales tax, there was approximately another $600 the government got out of you that was baked in.

Its one you don't want to get caught avoiding.

17. Bluewater Dawg

Bluewater Dawg Senior Member

Ok sorry. Someone on the last trip aboard Big E was saying Anglers Proshop was going out of businness. I don't know why people start rumors like that. Good news for us for sure. They have always helped me out with hard to find lures before. The more choices the better... :cool:

In fact, Angelrs Proshop didn't go out of business and we are going to see two different stores soon. :)
    If we have more jigging and popping specialty shops in the US, it only helps fishermen.
    I just love to find products, test them and introduce them to other fishermen. :)

18. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Ok sorry. Someone on the last trip aboard Big E was saying Anglers Proshop was going out of businness. I don't know why people start rumors like that. Good news for us for sure. They have always helped me out with hard to find lures before. The more choices the better... :cool:
    What you heard is true. The name of "Anglers Proshop" is gone. They are going to use different names.

I don't know Randy's company's name , but Sami/Paul's shop site name is

Saltywater Tackle
    You can expect same excellent service from them as usual.

19. geyssonh

geyssonh Member

What you heard is true. The name of "Anglers Proshop" is gone. They are going to use different names.

I don't know Randy's company's name , but Sami/Paul's shop site name is

Saltywater Tackle
    You can expect same excellent service from them as usual.

This is Randy's new website JDM. Still under construction and will open Dec 15.

20. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Another shipment of Brabus with more different colors arrived today.
    Aren't they beautiful ?

color #12, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18 from the top.

[​IMG]