Jigging with an electric reel.

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Tuna Hooker, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Tuna Hooker

Tuna Hooker Active Member

I just ordered a Daiwa Tanacom 1000. I'm thinking of programming the jig function and using it when my arm gives out (torn muscle in elbow). What do you do when you get a fish on? Do you need to switch to reel or does it automatically do it?

Gonefishings likes this.
  2. Kim

Kim Senior Member

Best thing you can do is go to the Diawa website and download the owners manual and read it , that way when you get you reel, you'll already have an idea on how the reel works and it functions.

explorer likes this.

3. JiggaPleez

JiggaPleez Active Member

I consider the "jigging" a misnomer, as it is actually just programmable winding. It does not let line back out.
    Yes if you are holding the rod and moving it up and down also, it is I guess "jigging".
    But for rods fished from a holder I would call it a programmable "erratic retrieve".:D

4. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

There are real jigging electric reels now . Much smaller in size and made to use with pe2-3.5 on slow jigging rods . Maybe that might be more to your liking . Not sure

5. Tuna Hooker

Thanks but the manual doesn’t cover that. I’ve seen quite a few of these on trips and was hoping someone had the answer.

6. Tuna Hooker

Should I reword it to say pseudo jigging? I’m just looking for a way to keep fishing when my arm says no more.

7. Tuna Hooker

Thanks for info. I chose this one because I’ve seen a lot of people using them on my trips. Mostly I plan on using it for deep drops but also as a backup if my arm gives up. I’ll check into the jigging reels if I truly need it.

8. benwah22

benwah22 Well-Known Member

It took a google search and 34 seconds to find. C'mon man.

upload_2020-10-30_9-33-59.png

Kim likes this.
  9. Drundel

Drundel Active Member

I'm 5 weeks out for surgery to fix mine. Talk about a slow damn healing process.