360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m gearing up for this upcoming season. Any recommendations on a spinning jig set up for slot size BFT? I like stella or Saragosa is 8000 enough or should I go to 14000 series. Open to suggestions on rods. South of Martha’s Vineyard tuna fishing.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last year was my first chasing tuna south of MV and LI, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I did well with a Jigging World Ghost Hunter Advantage 350g. I had it paired with a ZeeBaas 25, might or might use the same reel again we'll see. A buddy of mine has the same rod paired with a Spheros 10000 and he's happy with it as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, I'm gearing up for this upcoming season. Any recommendations on a spinning jig set up for slot size BFT? I like stella or Saragosa is 8000 enough or should I go to 14000 series. Open to suggestions on rods. South of Martha's Vineyard tuna fishing.
Thanks
Are you fishing the cape? What is the avg sized fish you are targeting?

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you fishing the cape? What is the avg sized fish you are targeting?
I will fish the cape in the fall with live bait drifting much bigger fish here. South of the Vineyard will be trolling and jigging I’m guessing fish will be up to 200 lbs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will fish the cape in the fall with live bait drifting much bigger fish here. South of the Vineyard will be trolling and jigging I’m guessing fish will be up to 200 lbs.
look into the Saltywater Tackle OBX 400 for fish 80-200lb

For 70-100lb fish, I’d go with the SWT obx300/ black hole 250/ Centaur Chiron 52 with a 10k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts