360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to up grade rods. Think about going to a Jigging Master Power Spell Jigging Rod 500g. Any input would be nice before shelling out 500 doller. Is it worth the money or should I stick with the shimano trevala.

G

·
whatre you fishing for/how much drag do you use? i think youd be better off with a 350g rod unless you're fishing really high drags for huge fish. its a great rod but for fish up to 100, 120lbs then 350g is probably a better rod.

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
they are nice rods. a good blank,
the 500 for big fish,
these blanks are heavier weight than most.

there are alot of better choices than the shimano when upgrading.
what is your target fish?
the oti is a good choice also.

·
2,030 Posts
That is what I am talking about. OTI blows Shimano, Daiwa and the same grade group away. And that for just a few more dollars.

·
975 Posts
Shimano Trevala is more suitable for inshore red snappers - 'noodle rod' type - very sensitive but no backbone
JM500 is great rod - build for heavy drag, etc... more like OTI600gr class rod

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whatre you fishing for/how much drag do you use? i think youd be better off with a 350g rod unless you're fishing really high drags for huge fish. its a great rod but for fish up to 100, 120lbs then 350g is probably a better rod.
Love to get them big A.j, have not broke the 100# mark yet 87# is my best but the 500g would be for the heaver jig,I fish with bottom fisher so i use 300-500 jig so i dont get wrap up in there line .I use a torsa with the bottom fishing 50drag and 100#power-pro

·
975 Posts
Love to get them big A.j, have not broke the 100# mark yet 87# is my best but the 500g would be for the heaver jig,I fish with bottom fisher so i use 300-500 jig so i dont get wrap up in there line .I use a torsa with the bottom fishing 50drag and 100#power-pro
Seems that JM500 rod is suitable for that :D Ironman type fishing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts