360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help deciding on what rods to buy. I need 2 , one either 5 or 6oo gram for my oj4000 and another one a tad bit lighter for my oj3000/870. Last year i used trevalla's and torques looking for something better. Any ideas??

I felt the blue rose 5310 but not sure. Also not lookimg to break the bank. Hoping to buy 2 rods and keeping it around 800

·
366 Posts
I have an 870 w/ PE 5 on a Smith WGJ 52SLH. To me, they're a perfect match to jigs up to 250g or so. The rod has plenty of power, is tough as nails and very light.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
stresst said:
I need help deciding on what rods to buy. I need 2 , one either 5 or 6oo gram for my oj4000 and another one a tad bit lighter for my oj3000/870. Last year i used trevalla's and torques looking for something better. Any ideas??

I felt the blue rose 5310 but not sure. Also not lookimg to break the bank. Hoping to buy 2 rods and keeping it around 800[/QUOTE

Rods are a big investment, reasearch fully before deciding.

OTI rods are less expensive 300g and 600 g $540. plus shipping.
Smith ratings are different a 200 g. and 420g. would cost $811. plus shipping.

cost aside they have similar guides, reelseats. The grips are completly different and very much a personal preference. the weights will be slightly different along with the actions.

if possible, there is nothing like holding before you buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts