360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I was bored today and pulled out some inshore reels. I've been re-spooling the Calcutta's. (I'm missing eight.:mad: from my list) Maybe I have them stored somewhere else.

I just don't like the handles after spooling about 9 of them. I think it's time to come up with a good handle for the smaller reels. That's my next project this winter. I use the 250 size for bait and fishing off the dock. The 400's are great for kingfish. The 700's are nice on the closer rock formations. The knobs just don't feel right for me. I think I will need new crank handles and knobs.

I might even up grade these little boys to those carbon-tex drags while I have them out. Anybody remember the woman that sells them on-line. Does she even stock them for Calcutta's.

Attachments

817 Posts
That's a great pic! I liked the old wood handles on the Calcutta 700....they were good enough for redfish, drum, trout, etc. Remember the old rubber super balls? They might make a good handle if they are the right size. Only problem is...if you drop your reel....it might bounce up and put a ding in your ceiling...<grin>.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.