360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

665 Posts
MB1,

How does that gold anodized handle size up against the big Stella 20000 handle that is similar in shape? Just curious about that.

I don't have a problem with handles, but something I do have a problem with on jigging reels is the reel clamp. The one on my JX doesn't fit down around the rod very much and so the sharp flat edge and corner of the clamp digs into my left palm. I wish the reel clamp had more of a low profile. I remember seeing the Ocean Jigger clamp and it was small thin stainless piece that straddled the rod pretty deep, almost to the reel foot, with small screws that held it to the reel! That's what I'd like for my JX and Kaikon.

Tom - DBG

665 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen any studies or reports about the whole "reeling" cycle? Seems like you push, and then you pull, but in a circle. I wonder if any sports doctors have studied fishing?

The shape of the handle could certainly be improved in lots of cases! My favorite one is the one on my Kaikon, but for heavy drag, I've gotta think that big Tiagra "A" handle is the right shape. The articulated handles I didn't like at first, but after trying them on the Avet SDS, I do like the angle.

Anybody have any theories out there? Not fishing, so I can at least be thinking about it.

Hope you get the handle you're looking for Mr. Bill.

Tom - DBG

665 Posts
That's some cool stuff Mr. Bill!! Neat to see you taking the time to make exactly what you want!

Just curious, but when you finally decide on a shape and size, would you consider having one made from carbon fiber composite? Three pieces bonded together for a hollow, strong, and lightweight piece? Expensive, but very, very, light!

DBG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.