360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Milkman said:
Mr Bill have you done any more bend tests on the newer Synits?
I don't mean to be sarcastic, but: I'm not sure which models you are talking about. Please be more specific.

If you are are looking for micro jigging rods bends don't look for me to do bendo's in them. Micro Jigging is not my thing. Even if I am in a wheelchair in my 90's I won't get a rise out of catching bait. I buy my bait at the bait shop. I've always been the one to say "I'm looking for a fish that wants to pull me overboard".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else tested out [fished with!] the Ghost Hunter Popping Rods?
How do the OTI Ocean Extreme blanks compare? [or is there no comparison considering rod make-up materials]?
Many Thanks to MrBill for his tiresome efforts!!! :) Great photography! that gives you the working curve/lock-up point of general blanks.

My only hope is that this thread can continue to be expanded with other Brands/Models of built-up blanks/rods!
Best way to go Shopping I have ever found!!!
DogBox

·
2,305 Posts
Those were pretty impressive bendo pics! It would be great to include casting performance information as well. Especially if it tuned in with the optimum, reel, line, leader and lure. It's nice to know how far the set up will cast with different types/brands of lures.

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
I haven't visited this thread in quite a while. Wow, this thread has over 200K hits. I haven't bought any rods lately so that is the reason I haven't posted here.:( I still fish for tuna.:) Been to busy, and buying other things. Going to put on my drinking shoes now. I'll probably drink for the next 8 days.:eek:

Feel free to post in this thread anytime with pictures of bend rods.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if anyone heard of Shark's IRON POP 95...It is [email protected] rod...casts a mile and gives no head turn to poon here in S FL.
Very light (only 13 oz). 9'6"

BTW, unit in video is Kg (not LB)
@1:00, blank designer (DongMan Shin, Shark guy) wants to leave the rod with 15Kg load for about a minute, wanting to see if the blank handles it (and it does @2:00), saying many rods could break not right away but in about a minute of max loading...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone please tell me the difference between these two Major Craft rods?

What exactly does plugging cover? Is it popping or use of hard bodied lures?

What one would cast a 70g lure further based on their actions and length combined?

XRS-1002H

Length(ft):10'0"・Lure(g):40-80・Line(lb):14-30・PE.Line(号):1.5-3.5・Action:REGULAR・PRICE(¥):38,500

XRS-1032PLG
Length(ft):10'3"・Lure(g):30-100・PE.Line(号):3-5・Action:Regular Fast・PRICE(¥):36,500

201 - 220 of 229 Posts