360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL, is there a tool to open this cap without damaging it? What can I do to apply force to these 2 dimples and turn the cap? Thank you :)

Drinkware Tool Barware Drill accessories Gas

Hand Finger Thumb Nail Toy

·
Super Moderator
6,356 Posts
you need a spanner wrench. I have used needle nosed pliers in the past but it may gouge the surface when trying to turn the screw cap

·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
even with the right tool you have to take it slow and easy not to scratch the dimples. Are you changing the t-bar?
Thank you Both. Got one for spare, maybe I will put it on my smaller Wiki 1500. Kind of like the look of it instead of a knob.
kind of stupid to me when they put Loctite on knowing that the part need to be install.

Watch Helmet Saw Personal protective equipment Analog watch

·
Retired Member
5,261 Posts
Being they are both JM do you need to remove the shaft. Maybe you can just switch they out leaving shaft installed on t-bar.

Benny

·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, not this type. The carbon T bar yes , same shaft….. this shaft need to switch out the shaft. This is screw in from the top securing it, carbon type screw in from the side. (Pic stolen from Google search)

Gesture Finger Font Thumb Microphone

·
Retired Member
5,261 Posts
I mean removing ball and shaft from arm and installing t-bar and shaft to reel. If they fit there is no need to remove either ball or t-bar from shaft.

Benny

·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to change out the main shaft as well. The original main shaft wouldn’t fit this T bar :p

·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Done! Managed to undo the cap but I damaged it a little :(. Stupid them put so much Loctite almost Impossible to come undone even with heat gun till not touchable without gloves. Oh well it is what it is.

·
Retired Member
5,261 Posts
Wow! That’s a big knob. Waiting for one handle from REV to arrive. Maybe I’ll order some color coded handles with Carbon fiber t-bars for my PE2’s.

Benny

·
895 Posts
Wow! That’s a big knob. Waiting for one handle from REV to arrive. Maybe I’ll order some color coded handles with Carbon fiber t-bars for my PE2’s.

Benny
Looking to part with pe2? lol i really miss my JM reels but im shocked the price has more then doubled on them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts