Jigging Master Spool Capacities

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Basil, May 30, 2010.

1. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Senior Member

What's the best way to load JB hollow on to a JM PE4 reel at home without any fancy spooling equipment? I was thinking running the line through something like a phone book to put pressure on the line while winding it on the reel?? I recently got a 300m spool from Basil and need to do this.

First spool the line on to another reel (preferably a lever drag) trying your best to give whatever hand tension you can. Then reel the line off of the first reel onto the reel you want the line on, using the drag of the first reel as your tension. It works great.

2. JfishKing

JfishKing Senior Member

JfishKing and Mark saw splicing up close tonight and took careful note of what they learned. I'm looking forward to both of them hanging big fish as they have the right stuff (and the muscle) now! Good luck Justin and Mark.

Thanks Basil... its amazing the things that you do with the Hollow Core lines, and how easy you make it look. Thanks for all the information and the service, we're definitely looking forward to landing some toads on the wind-ons you made for us and the new indicator line. Stay Tuned!

Next time I'm going to bring my stella 20k spool over for you to spool up... i'm looking forward to it.

3. Basil

Basil Site Sponsor

I was thinking running the line through something like a phone book

Don't do it. Friction causes heat and is catastrophic for spectra. Better to place a heavy dowel through the spool, get 2 tennis balls. Poke 2 holes in each ball and pass over the ends of the dowel. Then, someone applies pressure to the balls and it will generate drag without heating up the line.

4. tyee

tyee Member

Thanks SeaBear and Basil. Now if I had some sort of clamp, that could take the place of the person holding the balls.

5. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

I filled PE5 with JB #60 hollow. Meter read 475 yards.

6. tyee

tyee Member

Well here's my creation. $0 dollars. Had balls, bolt at work! Clamp in vice and away we go.

Attached Files:

7. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Senior Member

8. elpescador

elpescador Senior Member

Awesome idea, and the balls are penn how ironic

9. treedoc

treedoc Junior member

Has anyone put JB 60 hollow on a JMPE4? I have 300yds on order, will let you know how it goes..

10. treedoc

treedoc Junior member

300yds JB 60lb hollow fits on a JMPE4.

11. IamFinAddict

IamFinAddict Senior Member

How about a JB 100 # test on a PE6 ?

12. fishor

fishor Member

Hi,

Any one got the capacity for the PE7 reel loaded with YGK JIGMAN X8? Need to know to get the 300m pack or the 600m pack.

13. Damdor

Damdor Member

I managed to fit 400m of Sunline Saltwater Special PEJigger8HG 90lb on my JMPE5 but the spool was very full then.

Also easily managed 300m of Sunline Saltwater Special PEJigger8HG 60lb on my PE4 with alot of room left.

14. Badfish1

Badfish1 Senior Member

Hey Guys,

I just had Basil spool up a JM PE-8 yesterday for me and it took 400 yards of JB hollow 100# then another 100 yards of 80# Tuf-Line indicator. Total 500 yards with room for a wind on.

Thanks,

Joe

15. CSRen

CSRen Senior Member

Hi,

Any one got the capacity for the PE7 reel loaded with YGK JIGMAN X8? Need to know to get the 300m pack or the 600m pack.
    Fishor, I'm getting ready to spool my PE7 with 400m YGK JIGMAN WX8 #8-113lbs. I'll let you know after I spool mine.
    Cheers,

Jeff

16. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with Basil and he said he did a PE 7 with 60# jb hollow and got 520 yards. Looks like that is what he will be spooling mine with.

17. Basil

Basil Site Sponsor

List updated; added a few more models.

18. alidberg

alidberg Senior Member

Did anyone spool a pe10 with 60lb hollow? Bottom fishing at 5-600m but I dont want to use too heavy gear

19. Basil

Basil Site Sponsor

Updated PE 03 capacity, 350 yards 40lb hollow.

20. screaming_reel

screaming_reel At peace

Hi basil,l
    First iff thank you for squezing me in,,,,,in your invoice you got 700yds jb40 hollow on jm pe 3 reel?...i thought maybe 350. Please concirm .thnx