Jigging Master Saber Games (Pink and Silver)

Discussion in 'Sponsor Market Place' started by FXG, Mar 23, 2016.

1. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. caferacermike

caferacermike Active Member

I had a chance to go out on a 36hr trip last weekend and used my new pink Sabre for about 70% of the trip. I brought up many massive red snapper, had to cut them loose. Caught several large black fin and a couple of yellowfin. Jigging, well my horrible attempts at, was much easier and more fun with this very light rod. I couldn't resist matching it to an Avet SX Raptor in the new Dorado skin. I'll admit that while fighting tuna the rod really didn't have any backbone, but then again I knew it wouldn't. However, the rod did not break, crack, or hesitate in any way to land fish that weighed much more than the rating for that rod. I would've landed a few more fish on my heavier gear but I was having just too much fun catching them on that set up. The rod did not wear on me at all during one 12 hr continuous jigging and fighting period.

If it were YFT season in the our area, I wouldn't have chosen to use the set up as much as I did, I'll admit to that. It is basically black fin everywhere right now so I figured hey most of these will be 10 pounds or so and I don't care if I lose them so let's just enjoy the catching.

All in all, it was a hell of a lot of fun for $170.

FXG and Wwen like this.

3. entourage

entourage Senior Member

Sweet report on this rod. What size jig were you using?

4. caferacermike

caferacermike Active Member

5 ounce to 9 ounce, 140g-260g. I was mainly using 160g flat fall Chinese knockoffs. At 160g the jigs I was using felt a little light. 200g Williamson Vortex felt perfect. One note about the eBay Chinese FF knock offs, I believe they are the same as a favorite seller on another popular boating site, THT, is that the assist hook cords broke off on some nice fish.

What was awesome was tossing out the flat falls and getting about 150' of 40# braid and mono leader and getting hit on the drop. I'd see the reel stop spinning, thumb on the drag lever, then suddenly the spool would start screaming and I'd lock up that drag and just watch that rod tip start bending, and bending and bend some more. I had to be careful not to scratch my knuckles with the rod tip, ok joking a bit but my 15 pound tuna looked like I was fighting a 100 pound grouper. In all honesty I was still boating fish in about 2 minutes after a hook up.

5. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with this report more. The saber game is a hell of a rod for its price. There are definitely rods out there with more backbone and suited for larger fish. But if you're going after medium size game and want to use some light tackle: this is the rod to use!
    Glad you liked it Mike!

6. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

only a few of these left!

7. Wwen

Wwen Fishing Guru

in power how does the saber game compare to the Ocean Devil UL (yellow)?

8. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

The Saber game can lift 10KG, while the Ocean Devil UL can lift 18KG.
    The Ocean Devil has more backbone. I suggest the saber game for light-medium applications only (PE1-3), unless you are trying to be a sportsman. I have the saber game on a PE2 with 40lb jerry brown. It is a very fun combo for medium sized AJS.

9. porcha

porcha Broscientist

ive seen the pink saber conv in action and i own a ODUL spinner....both are fantastic rods but yes, I'd say the ODUL is not as light as the Saber Game. Not many better rods out there at this price....perhaps some Majorcrafts

cubanfishermar, FXG and Wwen like this.
  10. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

Yup! They are a huge bang for the buck! We're almost sold out.

11. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

12. DaStellahGuy

DaStellahGuy Active Member

Do you have the Saber in spinning model?

13. FXG

FXG Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not currently!