Jigging Master Power Spell 500G Conventional

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by rtran, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

This is my monster buster rod for cow tuna paired with Alutecnos Gorilla 12. It's 5'0 in length and comes with a padded rod sock. This rod is very parabolic and to put a good bend in it you need 25lb+ of drag. It is rated for 30kg+ drag. I've scaled it to 40lb with my Gorilla 12. It's not as stiff as trolling rods but has as much backbone if not more. Being parabolic is a big plus. You could probably use this rod for anything IMO. I think the design behind this rod is very technical. When I scaled 40lb I grabbed on very hard getting ready for a hard pull but it scaled fairly easy. The parabolic bend gave until it was close to my foregrip before giving backbone. The leverage is close to you and you can use it to your advantage with high drag settings. I wouldn't say running around with 40lb of drag on this rod is easy but probably alot easier than with a stiffer rod at same rating. I will post pictures of it's bend later this week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. captdeej

captdeej Senior Member

Who carries this rod?

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Who carries this rod?

Kil Does, but he is out of country right now. Pm him his user name is Ksong on here.

d-a

4. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Yes, Ksong is jigging master distributor. Contact him for any products of jigging master.

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I ordered the exact same rod from Kil Sunday. I should get it this week. The Gorilla 12 is a nice reel choice for this rod. I'm putting on an Accurate B2-30 on mine. It will double as a nice chunking rod and heavy duty jigging rod when the top water bite is non existent.

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I ordered the exact same rod from Kil Sunday. I should get it this week. The Gorilla 12 is a nice reel choice for this rod. I'm putting on an Accurate B2-30 on mine. It will double as a nice chunking rod and heavy duty jigging rod when the top water bite is non existent.

I hope to get a chance to test it on the Pelican this coming week. Although the rod is short I am still going to try it.

Rich

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Here are a couple of pictures of the JM500 Power Spell under a load. These were dead lifts of iron window sash weights. Reel on rod is an Accurate
    B2-30.

Note: Pictures where taken with a rod huki on the gimbal placed on my right hip.

Attached Files:

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

nice, bend is very similiar at 40lb

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

This rod can be fished relatively easily on the Pelican of DSH. The anchor is easy to clear and the boat has low rails and the boat overall sits at good height.