Jigging in Wilmington

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by gimmedeal, Oct 2, 2008.

1. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I'm headed out early tomorrow. I'll be flying to Atlanta and hooking up with D-A to see a little southern countryside on our way to Wilmington NC. We'll get there tomorrow evening and then join Gman, JerseyBrian, Njnicka, Kidflex,Al, and David to fish JigFest III.
    The plan is to fish Sat and Sun but we'll see how the weather holds out. It's kind of borderline as it is but we'll hope for the best. The name of the game is jigging for AJ's, up to and some over 100 lb.
    Looking forward to it even if it's a little rough.

Fred

2. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

counting down the hours 'til the Metal Militia gathers for a weekend of AJ slaughtering :D

3. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

The Metal Militia is starting to mobilize........see you down there Fred!

4. gman

gman Senior Member

Fred looking forward to going 75 miles offshore in a 26' center console in 4-7 foot seas. We are insane but the century mark needs to be hit

Safe travels

5. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

you guys watch Motocross?

6. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

The 27' sounds ok but the 22' might not be as much fun

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Fred looking forward to going 75 miles offshore in a 26' center console in 4-7 foot seas. We are insane but the century mark needs to be hit

Safe travels

seriously.....bring a butt pad. we did the same thing last time, and i got off the boat 2 inches shorter i think.

8. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

seriously.....bring a butt pad. we did the same thing last time, and i got off the boat 2 inches shorter i think.

I second that...
    I got a pinched nerve in my left leg from a nasty bounce up and down. I am doing better now. Remember to be careful out there guys, I want to fish with all of you on Jigfest IV :)

Ty

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Good lucky on the 100# Fred.

10. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

I will be fishing 60 miles up the beach from you guys, but do wish you the very best of luck!!

11. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Hope to see some pics.....good luck guys.

12. gman

gman Senior Member

two of 360's own topped the 100 and 120+ mark today jigging AJ's more to come ... No names or details yet

13. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Those are some big AJ's. Are you arms sore?