360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
528 Posts
With what captain? I was just there in Oct and killed the AJ's. I might be interested. Whats the details?

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Capt. Dean Panos with team Double Ds...great South Florida captain..Brian I will get back to you on those dates, I am not sure if I will be around...More info would be great as well, what are we doing trolling or jigging or what?..thanks Brian..

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With what captain? I was just there in Oct and killed the AJ's. I might be interested. Whats the details?

Topper is right! I would like to charter Capt Dean if I have enough people as a full day is $750. But if you want a cheaper alternative, I can always look into other charters...

Winter time = sailfish time down in Miami so I was thinking we could do a half day kite fishing for Sails which is Dean's specialty and after we've satisfied our sailfish wants (I've heard he's caught 11 in a day!!!)...weather permitting, we could go right to the wrecks and start jigging for AJs, APs, Almacos, Kings, etc... if the weather is too rough, we can head early and meet back up at night for some tarpon fishing :)

Basically, I need to jig, badly. But I wouldn't mind catching my first Sailfish or Tarpon either :)

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Topper is right! I would like to charter Capt Dean if I have enough people as a full day is $750. But if you want a cheaper alternative, I can always look into other charters...

Winter time = sailfish time down in Miami so I was thinking we could do a half day kite fishing for Sails which is Dean's specialty and after we've satisfied our sailfish wants (I've heard he's caught 11 in a day!!!)...weather permitting, we could go right to the wrecks and start jigging for AJs, APs, Almacos, Kings, etc... if the weather is too rough, we can head early and meet back up at night for some tarpon fishing :)

Basically, I need to jig, badly. But I wouldn't mind catching my first Sailfish or Tarpon either :)

Thank you for the info Brian! I wonder if we can throw some stickbait or popper at these Winter Sail... that would be cool..:eek: :eek: :D :D

·
2,924 Posts
Thank you for the info Brian! I wonder if we can throw some stickbait or popper at these Winter Sail... that would be cool..:eek: :eek: :D :D

Captain Dean Panos is my best bud. Amazing captain

·
528 Posts

·
2,924 Posts

·
528 Posts
We fished swords one day, 3 min after the first drop, fish on.

I agree, I have fished with many other captains up and down the coast, he is the best capt I have ever fished with.

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You KNOW I'm gonna have some on board ;)

Captain Dean Panos is my best bud. Amazing captain
Yea, things fell through the last time I was in Miami so I'm hoping I can hook up with him this time around....wish you could come Glenn, but I understand its a bad time to get away from the family.

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as luck may have it I believe I will be celebrating new years in good old south beach anyway

omfg. lemme know when you are 100% coming down. I'll be there from the 30th to either the 3rd or 4th. My girl might be with me though, but I'm not positive yet. That would be tight man.

And once we start jigging, you're gonna have some competition mate, I've been waiting since the Mama-site trip to jig...I ain't gonna stop (even though i never did when we were in Wilmington either lol) It's been TOO long and it'll be awesome to be on the water with you again bud.

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Brian you enjoy fishing with glenn?!? I fish with him once and i will never fish with him again!!! Mark my word!!!! :D :D love you gman!!! 55555

·
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brian you enjoy fishing with glenn?!? I fish with him once and i will never fish with him again!!! Mark my word!!!! :D :D love you gman!!! 55555

Glenn and Chip are just a riot to fish with. I always have a great time with those two! Topper, find out if you can make any of those dates!!! I'll also message you later about some other options I'm considering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts